The Hawaii Convention Center is located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Coordinates daily operations and provides administrative support to the Events Department of the Hawai‘i Convention Center.
• Prepares and tracks monthly expense reports and submits purchase order requisitions.
• Prepares and edits outgoing correspondence to include email messages, memos, etc.; drafts correspondence; uploads, scans, faxes, prints, and distributes various correspondence and other documentation as needed
• Supports various company departments as needed
• Communicates pertinent information to outside agencies
• Sets up and maintains confidential files including correspondence, reports, logs, required permits, licenses, registration, corporate records and other material. Provides contracts administration as it pertains to the department.
• Oversees the general office procedures for the department to include files both electronic and hard copies, supplies, office equipment and mailings.
- EVENT COORDINATION:
• Assist department management team with event coordination as requested/needed.
• Coordinate logistical paperwork for Event department staff for the planning of a successful event (including but not limited to: resumes, work orders, floor plans, event report, final invoicing etc).
• Coordinate logistics for site tours of facility to prospective and/or booked clients.
Monitors company database and/or system event activity and communicates pertinent information regarding events to appropriate team members.
Produce client surveys to include sending, monitoring the returns and the follow-up procedures for management.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TELEPHONE:
• Answers the phone in a courteous and professional manner.
• Ensures that our customers receive correct and up to date information about programs, events and quoted prices
• Ensures customer needs are efficiently and effectively identified and questions or concerns are resolved.
• Builds and maintains successful business relationships with clients in effort to provide exceptional customer service and increase probability of future bookings/return
• Provide reception support when needed
• Monitor changes and updates to Event Planners Handbook to include changes to the HCC website
• Prepares daily directions and room signage for events.
• Develops, compiles, analyzes, organizes and prints various documentation, lists, logs and reports. Updates and distribute company logs/lists as needed.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience
- Prior office services and receptionist experience
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to type frequently.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Must have a flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively; to articulate ideas and issues clearly.
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Strong computer skills including a well-rounded working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to anticipate the needs of the company and/or clients and respond with appropriate sense of urgency based on needs/situations.
- Must have the ability to work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
- Ability to speak, read and write Japanese.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.