The Hawaii Convention Center is located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Manages various types of events booked at the Hawai‘i Convention Center.
- Manages various types of events.
- Manages all logistics for events booked at HCC. Determines event strategies and plans how to accomplish event success.
Primary contact and principle liaison during an event.
- Determines needs and resolve problems by making strategic, business oriented and client-serving decisions required to ensure a successful event.
- Builds and maintains successful business relationships with clients in effort to provide exceptional customer service and increase probability of future bookings/return.
- Provide paperwork for the planning of a successful event (resumes, work orders, floor plans, event report and final invoicing).
- Monitors events to ensure all building rules, policies and safety procedures are being adhered to and enforced during events.
- Conducts site tours of facility to prospective and/or booked clients.
- Shows the variety of usage, operations and functions the facility can provide.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) Area of Study: Business, Event Planning, Tourism or related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Fluent in Japanese language strongly preferred (read, write and speak professionally)
- Experience effectively managing and/or planning events.
- Excellent customer service skills working with diverse backgrounds
- Excellent knowledge of computer operations (Microsoft Office 365)
- Effective oral communication and listening skills; able to speak clearly to give instructions and explanations and listen/understand when communicating with staff, vendors, and clients
- Effective written communication skills; able to write and compose correspondence, contracts, memos and reports
- Experience establishing and maintaining cooperative and productive work relationships
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; strong attention to detail
- Experience managing multiple priorities and working independently; able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and remaining productive and professional.
- Demonstrated independent thinking and problem-solving skills; able to work with confidential information
- Must possess and exude a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Self-starter with a willingness and enthusiasm for taking on additional responsibility
- Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
- Ability to walk or otherwise move about frequently for several hours
- Must have the ability to work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.