The Hawaii Convention Center is located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Maintenance Mechanic performs all general building maintenance duties throughout the facility.
- Complete work orders assigned by management and update log once completed. Preform preventative maintenance, repair kitchen equipment, touch up paint, tile, fix issues with drywall, concrete and other construction tasks necessary to maintain/upkeep the facility.
- Set up logistics for client functions/events, including: electrical access for mobile lighting and equipment, water access for mobile equipment and façade, signs and other miscellaneous equipment and items used for decorations.
- Attend to all emergency situations such as plumbing and electrical issues etc that occur throughout the facility property.
- Monitor all departmental inventory and advise supervisor or manager if/when stock is low.
- Operate all equipment and perform tasks in accordance with existing safety procedures to include wearing the proper protective equipment needed to perform the job safety. Assume responsibility of the actual correction of any hazardous conditions throughout the Center and make daily inspections to make sure no hazardous conditions exist. Report any potential hazards to the Manager. Maintain tools and equipment necessary to perform the job.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience in A/C and Refrigeration.
- Must have and maintain knowledge in Automated logic or other BAS System(s).
- Must be able to achieve and maintain lift certification(s).
- Must be able to be lift/carry 51-100 pounds.
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Must be able to be work in high, low and small spaces. Must be able to work in difficult positions/environment. This includes frequent exposure to sun, sitting, standing, walking, climbing, twisting/bending/stooping, reaching, use of fine finger movements, hand/eye coordination, pushing and pulling.
- Demonstrated ability to operate basic maintenance equipment, various hand and power tools.
- Knowledge and use of proper safety techniques, procedures and equipment during the course of the day.
- Demonstrated ability to follow departmental and company procedures accurately and efficiently.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekdays, weekends, holidays and additional hours as venue schedule requires.
- Ability to support and maintain a high standard of productivity in the department.
- Must have the ability to work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Certification, trade, vocational education, or training in construction.
- Work experience to include working at a convention center, special events, hotel, hospitality or a related field.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.