The Hawaii Convention Center is located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Responsible for the oversight and management of all day-to-day operations of the Facilities Department at the Hawai‘i Convention Center, adhering to guidelines set forth by management and ensuring that department safety protocol is followed at all times.
MANAGES FACILITIES DEPARTMENT:
- Coordinates the work efforts for all event set-ups and customer service needs prior to and during an event at the Hawai’i Convention Center.
- Disseminates department/company policy information and ensures compliance by Facilities staff. Decides and creates policy improvements.
- Provides day-to-day management of Department to meet the needs of the venue and client(s). Manages staff to ensure all are properly uniformed, adhering to safety practices and following company/department procedures.
- Manages labor schedules and attendance to ensure in compliance with overall departmental goals and event needs.
- Responsible for making hiring and disciplinary action decisions. Conducts performance evaluations of staff.
- Reports violations to company and/or department policies to Manager, upper management and/or Human Resources. Schedules meetings accordingly to review staff performance and discuss necessary action(s).
- Monitors pertinent information from management regarding departments, duties or current events and communicates information appropriately to staff as needed.
- Responsible for the daily scheduling of work assignments for staff, ensuring compliance with guidelines. Provide hands-on supervision, training and re-training where necessary to ensure employees understand and can adequately perform their job duties. Responsible for payroll and monitoring performance through counseling and evaluations.
- Maintains open communication while ensuring awareness of all current activity or issues which may require immediate action or intervention.
- Responsible for the distribution and quantity of essential supplies and equipment. Ensures staff has adequate supplies, tools and materials on hand and available.
- Develops and implements individual event statistics as they pertain to the department.
- Collaborates with Management during RFP process for Contract Labor provider. May advise on contract content.
- Manages contract labor schedule. This includes, but is not limited to, submitting labor requests and ensuring labor provider complies with the requests.
- Maintains successful working relationship with vendor; holds regular meetings to discuss successes/challenges.
- Manages contract labor costs in budget.
- Coordinates all loading dock operations of the center including freight, trash, and recycling. Directs event and loading dock issues as they pertain to the center.
- Has overall responsibility for departmental budget. Creates/develops, maintains and manages budget. Documents, tracks, monitors, and analyzes departmental finances. Reports finances, budget and reforecasts and provides recommendations for financial strategy of department expenses to Events department.
- Coordinates efforts with Director of Events.
- Initiates and coordinates a comprehensive inventory control of all event related equipment on a daily and long term basis.
- Maintains and operates motorized equipment throughout the building ensuring it runs at optimum efficiency.
- Ensures staff abide by all Safety policies and procedures relating to chemical handling and equipment.
- Operates and oversees staff operation of equipment.
- Conducts safety training for the department.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year)
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Must maintain lift certification(s).
- Must be able to be lift/carry 51-100 pounds.
- Must be able to work in difficult positions. This includes frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, twisting/bending/stooping, reaching, use of fine finger movements, hand/eye coordination, pushing and pulling.
- Extensive knowledge of event set-up and loading dock operations.
- Knowledge of and experience using proper safety techniques, procedures and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to follow department and company procedures accurately and efficiently.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills; takes initiative; ability to make quick decisions to complete job duties
- Ability to establish, support and maintain a high standard of productivity in the department.
- Must possess effective people skills and display an attitude of cooperation and willingness to assist at all times.
- Ability to establish daily reports and schedules.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekdays, weekends, holidays and additional hours as venue schedule requires.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must have the ability to work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
- Personal and professional initiative, enthusiasm, and dedication to excellence in wide ranging services to the center’s clients and their customers.
- Ability to consult with and advise clients and their representatives on the center’s equipment and layout. Ability to work from meeting planner’s notes, contracts and event orders regarding event set-up and operation.
- Ability to maintain an on-going list by priority of projects and tasks, to assume timely and effective solutions to unanticipated client focused issues.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship.
AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.