The Hawaii Convention Center is located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Provides administrative assistance and sales coordination support to Sales and Marketing Directors/ Managers, as required, to ensure company goals and strategies are carried out efficiently, effectively and accurately.
ASSIST IN CLIENT RELATIONS
- Assist clients with all requests and questions pertaining to sales, Letters of Confirmation, License Agreements, Certificates of Insurance and all other related documentation that confirms a group booking. Will field all sales call inquiries, which include communicating general booking policies, rules and regulations and sending sales information packets. Handle sales call inquiries or questions on behalf of the managers the role supports.
- Assist in the preparation of bid books for group bids, including all quotations for center space and room blocks, along with appropriate collateral, as necessary.
- Assist in issuing and processing license agreements and incentive packages internally and send to clients; track and assist in preparing license agreements, space revisions, and addendums, including any changes to these documents.
PROVIDE DEPARTMENTAL AND MANAGERIAL SUPPORT
- Inputs manager’s activity in the sales travel calendar for department.
- Help support client services needs when required.
- Process purchase orders for sales events, HCC contractors, advertising, etc.
- Type, draft and complete documents per written or oral instruction including letters, memoranda, notices, license agreements, space addendums, reports, tabulations, and other related materials; proofread work; make appropriate copies and distribution. Ensure that work output is accurate and professional in appearance.
- Schedule meetings, conference rooms, and luncheons for sales department. Take and transcribe minutes for meetings.
- General office duties which include but are not limited to: processing incoming and outgoing mail; ordering supplies and keeping track of inventory; copying and faxing; assisting w/scheduling and coordination of sites; providing administrative assistance to prepare for management trips; and preparing expense reports.
- May assist managers with the preparation of month-end activity reports.
- Prepare and process accounting forms including check requests, purchase requisitions, initiative forms, invoice statements, work orders, and other related forms. Track receipt of signed paperwork and follow up on outstanding items.
- Provide team back-up support to all sales staff (managers and coordinators) on special projects and other related administrative needs. Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Update key staff members of all activities scheduled in the facility including any changes in the schedule dates or cancellations, etc.
COORDINATE CLIENT RELATED EVENTS
- Coordinate site inspections (appointments, itineraries, site profile, and amenities) for those managers the role supports, and other managers when required.
- Coordinate promotional activity and client events as needed. This includes coordinating all logistic to including but not limited to venue, food and beverage, invitations, tracking replies etc.
- Assist in coordination and administration of annual trade shows, attendance promotions and sales trip planning, coordinating as needed and/or to help support other sales admins in this process as needed.
- As a development area, perform site inspections when needed. Contribute to tracking of sales leads and site inspections.
- Maintain full working knowledge of the in-house computer system, pricing, booking events, event changes, account information, running reports, short cuts, etc.
PERFORM DATA ENTRY
- Enter data in company computer system(s) (for example, sales leads). Coordinate the circulation of information to various team members and company departments.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience
- Prior office services and customer service experience
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to type frequently.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, nights, weekends, holidays and additional hours as venue schedule requires.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Attention to detail and good organizational and analytical skills
- Must have a flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively; to articulate ideas and issues clearly.
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Strong computer skills including a well-rounded working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher) along with the ability to learn in-house systems quickly and efficiently.
- Must work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- BA/BS Degree preferred (in Business or related field)
- Experience with convention centers, meetings and conventions and special events, hospitality, or related areas.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.