The Hawaii Convention Center is located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Assist and support the Facility Department which is responsible for event set-up and tear down, loading dock management, and management of event-related equipment for the Hawai’i Convention Center and its clients. The Shift Lead is expected to adhere to guidelines set forth by management and follow department safety protocol at all times.
- Effectively leads shift crews (labor) by delegating duties, assigning tasks, and following up with all team members as directed by Facility Manager or Senior Manager.
- Performs room set up, tear down, changes and turns.
- Participates in routine physical inventory and maintains inventory control program under the direction of the Facility Manager or Senior Manager.
- Makes recommendations to Management of program improvements as needed.
- Reports all changes of work orders to Facility Manager or Senior Manager.
- Reports Facility damages to appropriate management teams, staff and departments.
- Responsible for training Facilities staff on a regular basis on various topics including, but not limited to: safety, daily logs, event resumes, and SOP’s.
- Manages projects of preventative and routine maintenance from start to finish. Collaborates, as needed, with various departments to ensure high quality and timely project completion.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience.
- Must maintain lift certification(s).
- Must be able to be lift/carry 51-100 pounds.
- Must be able to move about frequently and work in difficult positions. This includes frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, twisting/bending/stooping, reaching, use of fine finger movements, hand/eye coordination, pushing and pulling.
- Knowledge of and experience using proper safety techniques, procedures and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to follow departmental and company procedures accurately and efficiently.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekdays, weekends, holidays and additional hours as venue schedule requires.
Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have the ability to work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.