The Hawaii Convention Center is located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Electrician will perform all electrical duties throughout the facility, keep all electrical equipment in good running condition and up to code, and maintain all portions of electronics manufacturing services (EMS) throughout the facility.
- Respond to all trouble calls and prioritize accordingly while accounting for potential hazards and safety first
- Install or repair electrical systems.
- Perform distribution wiring and other installations as needed.
- Maintain working knowledge of various building systems such as automation systems, dimmer system and programs, and Maintenance program.
- Log all hours, work orders, preventative maintenance, projects and pertinent data into appropriate systems.
- Revise blueprints when wiring distribution has been modified.
- Set up and test all electrical requirements for Events.
- Ensure all rooms being used for Events are fully lit including spot lights.
- Maintain inventory of electrical equipment, lights and ballasts.
- Test run Emergency Generator every week.
- Check all motor control cabinets.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- Electrician’s Journeyman or Industrial Electrician’ License
- Must be able to achieve and maintain relevant lift certification(s).
- Must be able to be lift/carry or otherwise move 51-100 pounds.
- Must be able to work in difficult positions/environment. This includes frequent exposure to sun, sitting, standing, walking, climbing, twisting/bending/stooping, reaching, use of fine finger movements, hand/eye coordination, pushing and pulling.
- Experience operating basic electrician equipment, including electrical testing equipment.
- Knowledge and use of proper safety techniques, procedures and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to follow departmental and company procedures accurately and efficiently.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekdays, weekends, holidays and extra hours as venue schedule requires.
- Must know electrical theory and techniques of electrical trade
- Ability to support and maintain a high standard of productivity in the department
- Good working knowledge for PLC (programmable logic controller)
- Able to operate and understand EMS (electronics manufacturing services)
- Able to troubleshoot and repair electrical control wiring
- Must know theory and principles of motor overhaul and repair
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have the ability to work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
- Has worked in construction or industry as electrician for at least 5 years
- Ability to use and understand blueprints
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.