The Hawaii Convention Center is located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, this position is responsible for the day-to-day operation, activities and functions of the Events and Facilities Departments. The position directs the activities of the Events and Facilities departments and supervises staff.
- Responsible for hiring and disciplinary action decisions. Conducts performance evaluations of staff.
- Reports violations to company and/or department policies to Manager, upper management and/or Human Resources. Schedules meetings accordingly to review staff performance and discuss necessary action(s).
- Reviews and approves payroll/timesheets for department staff.
- Provides the leadership to develop and mentor department staff with goal of providing exceptional services for clients.
- Responds to Building Emergency situations in coordination with General Manager or serves as main point of contact in absence of General Manager.
LEADERSHIP OF EVENT MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS:
- Directs and leads departments and sets strategy for future initiatives.
- Oversees staff operations that manage events at HCC.
- Ensures staff is demonstrating high quality client service.
- Principle liaison in providing or determining the needs of required services for a successful event. Ensures that all accounts are handled in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides leadership and resources for Event Managers and Coordinators pertaining to the technical aspects of event management.
- Holds Weekly Events Meetings to communicate to all Departments and Vendors re: updated Event Activity.
CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS (CIP) PURCHASES:
- Directs CIP purchases by providing long term strategic ideas and forethought to align with HCC initiatives and objectives.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Overall responsibility for department budget (development, maintenance, management).
- Documents, tracks, monitors and analyzes department finances. Reports finances/budget; reforecasts and provides recommendations for financial strategy of expenses.
EVENT MANAGEMENT AND SITE TOURS:
- Serves as the primary contact for the highest profile groups.
- Manages various types of events with main focus on the highest profile groups.
- Manages all logistics of events booked at HCC.
- Determines event strategies and plans how to accomplish event success.
- Determines needs and resolves problems by making strategic, business oriented and client-serving decisions required to ensure a successful event.
- Builds and maintains successful business relationships with clients in effort to provide exceptional customer service and increase probability of future bookings/return.
- Provides paperwork for the planning of a successful event (resumes, work orders, floor plans, event report and final invoicing).
- Conducts site tours of facility to prospective and/or booked clients.
- Shows the variety of usage, operations and functions the facility can provide.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) Area of Study: Business, Event Planning, Tourism or related field.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of related work experience, with 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience successfully managing and planning high profile events.
- Excellent customer service skills working with diverse backgrounds
- Excellent knowledge of computer operations (Microsoft Office 365)
- Effective oral communication and listening skills; able to speak clearly to give instructions and explanations and listen/understand when communicating with staff, vendors, and clients
- Effective written communication skills; able to write and compose correspondence, contracts, memos and reports
- Experience establishing and maintaining cooperative and productive work relationships
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; strong attention to detail
- Experience managing multiple priorities and working independently; able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and remaining productive and professional.
- Demonstrated independent thinking and problem-solving skills; able to work with confidential information
- Must possess and exude a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Self-starter with a willingness and enthusiasm for taking on additional responsibility
- Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
- Ability to stand or otherwise remain in a stationary position for several hours
- Ability to walk or otherwise move about frequently for several hours
- Must have the ability to work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.