The Hawaii Convention Center is located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Assist in securing the Hawai‘i Convention Center building to ensure patron and employee safety.
- Respond to all security needs and calls for services; work Security and local law enforcement as necessary.
- Provide customer service to all guests and employees while monitoring crowd flow, POS transactions.
- Work closely with operations staff to effectively meet visitors and programming needs while maintaining safety and security measures.
- Conduct regular inspections of all floors and exhibits; rotate posts as assigned.
- Write reports; report any malfunctions, misconduct or operational and safety issues
- Interview victims and witnesses; write incident reports as necessary.
- Assist with the development and implementation of public safety plans for day to day operations and special events.
- Follow and adhere to policies and procedures needed to maintain security within the museum, loading dock and perimeters.
- Assure property is secure and that no damage occurs due to visitor negligence or vandalism.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 0-2 years of related work experience
- State of Hawai‘i Board of Private Security Certification
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to follow departmental and company procedures accurately and efficiently.
- Must be able to work ticket settlement machinery and calculator.
- Required to have a professional, positive and friendly demeanor/attitude at all times to ensure the Hawai‘i Convention Center demonstrates Aloha and delivers exceptional customer service.
- Must be able to defuse and resolve situations when patrons/customers may be unsatisfied by being communicative, courteous and empathetic with the ability to communicate clearly specific instructions and explanations. This includes an ability to listen effectively and understand various people of which there is interaction with. All aforementioned duties may be conducted in various ways including, but not limited to, in person, in writing, on the phone, on the radio and face to face and therefore, one must be able to successfully fulfill this requirement in various ways.
- Must be able to remain in an extended stationary position for entire shift (8-10 hours).
- Must be able to walk, run or move quickly to respond to emergency situations.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekdays, weekends, holidays and additional hours as venue schedule requires.
- First Aid / CPR Certification
- Must have the ability to work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
- Ability to speak, read and write Japanese.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.