The Hawaii Convention Center is located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Responsible for creating a sales and prospecting strategy to attain established room night, revenue and/or number of events goals as assigned for Asia Market.
ATTAIN ESTABLISHED ROOM NIGHT, REVENUE AND/OR NUMBER OF EVENTS GOALS
- Manage and prospect accounts within a designated geographical region and/or specific market segment as assigned by the General Manager and/or VP Sales.
- Solicit past, existing and potential accounts through personal sales calls, site inspections, customer targeted events/initiatives, telephone solicitation and written/oral communications.
- Direct and manage all group sales activities in their respective market segment/region to achieve budgeted individual and team room night and revenue goals.
- Work with various internal and external programs to create strategies to secure future corporate citywide group business.
- Accountable for established goals that are determined/renewed on an annual basis.
- Maintain knowledge of market, competition and account prospects to be added to the account portfolio.
- Responsible for hiring and disciplinary action decisions. Conducts performance evaluations of staff.
- Report violations to company and/or department policies to Manager, upper management and/or Human Resources. Schedule meetings accordingly to review staff performance and discuss necessary action(s).
- Review and/approve payroll/timesheets and/or paid time off request for respective staff.
- Provide the leadership to develop and mentor department staff with goal of providing exceptional service for clients.
- Participate in sales meetings, sales strategy meetings, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings, as required.
- Attend trade shows, industry events and/or meetings determined to impact direct sales to the Hawaii Convention Center.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) Area of Study: Business or Marketing
- A minimum of 7-10 years of related work experience.
- Must read, write and speak Japanese.
- Experience selling a Convention Center, collaborating with a city and/or state visitor’s bureau, hotel partners etc.
- Strong knowledge of the Convention Center industry; sales and/or marketing experience in the Travel/Tourism industry.
- Ability to make presentations to company management and clients.
- Excellent customer service skills working with diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent knowledge of computer operations (Microsoft Office 365).
- Requires strong listening and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Skilled at establishing and maintaining cooperative and productive work relationships with clients, vendors, and staff.
- Ability to work under pressure; meeting deadlines, working with confidential information.
- Requires excellent organizational and time management abilities; attention to detail; managing multiple priorities and working independently.
- Demonstrated independent thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must possess and exude a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and prioritize projects / tasks while remaining productive and professional.
- Self-starter with a willingness and enthusiasm for taking on additional responsibility.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
- Must work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
Travel (if applicable):
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.