The Hawaii Convention Center is located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Assist Housekeeping department in providing quality housekeeping functions and other services for guests.
- Perform project cleaning which involves advanced cleaning techniques, specific chemicals and heavy equipment.
- General cleaning of public areas, restrooms, meeting room and office. Cleaning to include sweeping, mopping, wiping, dusting and scrubbing floor surfaces, walls, mirrors and windows.
- Responsible for use of cleaning machines to include vacuums, floor scrubbing machines and carpet shampoo machines.
- Prepare and deliver supplies for events such as trash receptacles and recycling receptacles.
- Monitor Recycling Center activity including cardboard baling, sorting of recyclables.
- Abide all fire regulations/codes involved with the facility, assure safe usage of all equipment used in the facility, operate industrial vehicle maintenance and follow proper safety techniques in lifting.
- Perform other related duties as may be required or assigned by the Housekeeping Manager.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum 0-1 years of related work experience
- Must maintain lift certification(s).
- Must be able to be push/pull/lift/carry 26-50 pounds.
- Must be able to move about frequently.
- Must be able to operate basic housekeeping equipment.
- Knowledge and use of proper safety techniques, procedures and equipment during the course of the day.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow departmental and company procedures accurately and efficiently. Adhere to guidelines set forth by management. Must follow department safety protocol at all times.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekdays, weekends, holidays and additional hours as venue schedule requires.
- Must be able to anticipate the needs of the company and/or clients and respond with appropriate sense of urgency based on needs/situations.
- Must work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Able to operate advanced cleaning machines such as ride-on floor cleaning equipment.
- Experience in convention centers, event management, special events, hotels, hospitality, or related industry.
- Certifications in related areas of Housekeeping, Cleaning, Janitorial.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.