The Hawaii Convention Center is located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Housekeeping supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day operations of the Housekeeping Department
SUPERVISE HOUSEKEEPING DEPARTMENT:
- Provide day-to-day supervision of Housekeeping Department. Schedule work assignments for staff. Provide hands on supervision, ensure all employees understand and have the needed information to perform their duties successfully. Provide training and re-training where necessary.
- Ensure staff is properly uniformed, adhering to safety practices and following company/department procedures.
- Report violations to company and/or department policies to Manager, upper management and/or Human Resources. Schedules meetings accordingly to review staff performance and to discuss necessary action(s).
- Monitor information from management regarding concerning departments, duties or current events and communicate that information to staff and ensures compliance.
- Maintains open communication at all times staff ensuring awareness of all current activity or issues which may require immediate action or intervention.
- Responsible for the distribution and quantity of essential supplies and equipment. Ensures staff has adequate supplies, tools and materials on hand and available at all times.
SUPERVISES HOUSEKEEPING OF VENUE:
- Supervise activities of the Housekeeping Department and ensure all areas of the venue are cleaned to high standard.
- Inspect all areas regularly to ensure that standards are maintained.
- Schedule special cleaning programs as required.
- Ensure cleaning responsibilities are met to include all areas from ceiling to floor
- Recommend special projects needed for Housekeeping at facility.
- Assist in scheduling and monitoring of in-house projects and outside contractor projects. Responsible for assigned project completion.
- Report and advise the Housekeeping Manager of areas where money can be saved, including payroll, supplies, projects, and equipment that pertain to the Housekeeping operation.
- Assist Manager and Assistant Manager in purchasing of supplies and equipment; advises manager of supplies needed to be ordered
- Administer Purchase Orders: enter Purchase Orders in Accounting System(s); monitor receipt of items ordered and the completion of purchase orders.
- Conduct physical inventory to keep an accurate count of supplies.
- Ensure all supplies and equipment are stored and organized
- Abide by all Safety policies and procedures relating to chemical handing and equipment use as it applies to procedures in department.
- Operate department equipment and oversee staff operation of equipment.
- Conduct safety training as pertaining to the department.
- Maintain department SDS records.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
- Must maintain lift certification(s) as needed and required for department operations.
- Must be able to be push/pull/lift/carry 26-50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, sit, crouch and bend throughout the course of the daily activity.
- Able to operate basic housekeeping equipment.
- Knowledge and use of proper safety techniques, procedures and equipment during the course of the day.
- Demonstrated ability to follow departmental and company procedures accurately and efficiently.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to make quick decisions to complete job duties.
- Ability to support and maintain a high standard of productivity in the department; must possess effective people skills and display an attitude of cooperation and willingness to assist at all times.
- Ability to establish daily reports and schedules; ability to lead labor to succeed in all work orders and to constantly keep staff productive.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, good supervisory skills, ability to follow and communicate oral and written instructions.
- Must have a professional, positive and friendly demeanor/attitude.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekdays, weekends, holidays and additional hours as venue schedule requires.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel with the ability to learn required business systems.
- Experience with convention centers, meetings and conventions and special events, hospitality, or related area is preferred.
- Must work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.