The Hawaii Convention Center is located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Provide Administrative support to Operations department.
- Perform administrative tasks relating to various department projects. To include administrative tracking and reporting, internal communications, contractor communications relating to compliance with policy and file management.
- Perform administrative tasks relating to procurement.
- Tracking of fixed assets.
- Administrative monitoring of building permits, licenses and certificates.
- Follow-up and tracking of event survey comments, monthly neighborhood notices and OPS department responses.
- Performs administrative tasks relating to recurring Operations meetings; Contractors Meeting, Transportation Meetings and weekly Operations meetings. Schedules meetings, creates agendas and completes and circulates minutes.
- Provides coverage for Business Center, during events as needed.
- Tracks, follows-up and schedules safety testing and training; respirator, lift training and other safety-related monitoring for Operations staff.
- Assists Director of Operations with miscellaneous administrative tasks relating to projects and departmental follow-up.X
- A minimum education level of:High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of Mid-Level Non-Exempt 2-4 years of related work experience.
- Must have general computer skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Must be able to type frequently.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Must have a flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively; to articulate ideas and issues clearly.
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Must be able to anticipate the needs of the company and/or clients and respond with appropriate sense of urgency based on needs/situations
- Demonstrated ability to follow departmental and company procedures accurately and efficiently.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekdays, weekends, holidays and additional hours as venue schedule requires.
- Ability to support and maintain a high standard of productivity in the department.
- Required to have a professional, positive and friendly demeanor/attitude at all times to ensure the Hawai‘i Convention Center demonstrates Aloha and delivers exceptional customer service.
- Physical Requirements: Light, occasional physical effort
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have the ability to work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.