The Hawaii Convention Center is located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Assistant Manager, Maintenance, along with the Manager, Maintenance provide the oversight and management of all day-to-day operations of the Engineering Department at the Hawai‘i Convention Center. The Assistant Manager is responsible for ensuring the building and equipment are in good working order. This involves administrative and technical work, directing a full range of activities relating to the facilities operation and performance both functionally and aesthetically. The incumbent is also expected to maintain a professional, positive and friendly demeanor/attitude to ensure the Hawai‘i Convention Center demonstrates Aloha and delivers exceptional customer service.
MANAGES OVERALL DEPARTMENT: Assists Manager is managing Department at all times. Performs Maintenance Managers duties in his absence:
- Provides day-to-day management of Department to meet the needs of the venue and client(s). Manages staff to ensure all are properly uniformed, adhering to safety practices and following company/department procedures. Disseminates department/company policy information and ensures compliance by staff. Recommends policy improvements to management. Provide hands-on supervision, training and re-training where necessary to ensure all employees understand and can adequately perform their job duties.
- Manages labor schedules, attendance and daily scheduling of work assignments for staff to ensure compliance with overall departmental goals and event needs. Maintains open communication at all times ensuring awareness of all current activity or issues which may require immediate action or intervention. Responsible for payroll and monitoring performance through counseling and evaluations.
- Responsible for making hiring and disciplinary action decisions. Conducts performance evaluations of staff. Reports violations to company and/or department policies to Manager, upper management and/or Human Resources. Schedules meetings accordingly to review staff performance and to discuss necessary action(s).
- Properly monitors pertinent information from management regarding concerning departments, duties or current events and communicates that information appropriately to staff as needed.
- Responsible for driving to various places on island to receive and/or purchase inventory or other necessary items to aid in the department.
- Monitor elevator/escalator, grease traps, fire suppression and sprinkler systems.
- Ordering of material as needed.
- Disburse and prioritize all work orders.
- Create, distribute and monitor all P/M’s.
- Operate facility computerized facility management and control systems.
- Respond to assistance requests throughout the facility.
- Assist Manager with in-house projects and outside contractor projects as needed.
- Consult and get bids from contractors as needed
- Assists manager with departmental budget. Assists in Creating/developing, maintaining and managing respective department budget. Documents, tracks, monitors, and analyzes departmental finances. Reports finances/budget, reforecasts and provides recommendations for financial strategy of departmental expenses to Operations department.
- Provide prompt, cost effective solutions to facility maintenance issues.
- Responsible for the distribution and quantity of essential supplies and equipment. Ensures staff has adequate supplies, tools and materials on hand and available at all times.
- Abide by all Safety policies and procedures relating to building and respective department.
- Keep all records current and up to date with all SDS. Ensures policies are procedures are up to date, accurate and compliant.
- Operates equipment. Oversees staff operation of equipment.
- Conducts safety training as pertaining to the department.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year)
- A minimum of 5-7years of related work experience to include at least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good working knowledge of major facility and maintenance.
- Must have a good working knowledge A/C, Plumbing and Electrical
- Must have a working knowledge of BAS Automated Logic or comparable system
- Must have a good working understanding of budgeting.
- Must maintain lift certification(s) as needed by the department.
- Must maintain a valid driver license.
- Must be able to be lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in difficult positions/environment. This includes frequent exposure to sun, sitting, standing, walking, climbing, twisting/bending/stooping, reaching, use of fine finger movements, hand/eye coordination, pushing and pulling.
- Able to operate basic equipment and tools for respective department.
- Knowledge and use of proper safety techniques, procedures and equipment during the course of the day.
- Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions as they pertain to engineering and building
- Demonstrated ability to follow departmental and company procedures accurately and efficiently.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to make quick decisions to complete job duties.
- Ability to support and maintain a high standard of productivity in the department; must possess effective people skills and display an attitude of cooperation and willingness to assist at all times.
- Ability to establish daily reports and schedules; ability to lead labor to succeed in all work orders and to constantly keep staff productive.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, good supervisory skills, ability to follow and communicate oral and written instructions.
- Have a professional, positive and friendly demeanor/attitude.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekdays, weekends, holidays and additional hours as venue schedule requires.
- Must be able to take Initiative, have accuracy and ability to work under moderate direction.
- Must have the ability to work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.