Hawaii Convention Center Website
Located within walking distance of Waikiki, the Hawaii Convention Center is like no other in the world. Open to the outdoors - with terraces, lanais, courtyards, waterfalls, and fishponds - this remarkable facility combines the latest in cutting edge technology with authentic Hawaiian ambience. Our cultural diversity and legendary spirit of aloha encourage attendees to see the world in a new light, so it's no surprise that people accomplish more when they meet here. Best of all, the warmth of Hawaii and its people continue to inspire, long after meetings have ended.
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
This is an entry level position that provides grounds maintenance for the Hawaii Convention Center.
- Assume full responsibility for the maintenance & upkeep of irrigation systems, lawns, nursery, ponds, interior and exterior plants, planter boxes and cleanliness to the entire property as needed or as directed by manager.
- Maintain fertilization, herbicide and pesticide charts and keep files up to date.
- Maintain proper inventory of parts, material, equipment, tools and supplies necessary to perform job.
- Operate power driven equipment in accordance with existing safety procedures to include wearing the proper protective equipment needed to perform the job safety. Assume responsibility of the actual correction of any hazardous conditions throughout the Center and make daily inspections to make sure no hazardous conditions exist. Report any potential hazards to manager.
- Be able to read and assess priority of tasks assigned on a daily/weekly basis and accomplish those tasks accordingly.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or assigned by the Landscaping Manager.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 0-1 years of related work experience
- Must be able to achieve and maintain lift certification(s).
- Must be able to be lift/carry 51-100 pounds.
- Must be able to work in difficult positions/environment. This includes frequent exposure to sun, sitting, standing, walking, climbing, twisting/bending/stooping, reaching, use of fine finger movements, hand/eye coordination, pushing and pulling.
- Demonstrated ability to operate basic landscaping equipment.
- Knowledge and use of proper safety techniques, procedures and equipment during the course of the day.
- Demonstrated ability to follow departmental and company procedures accurately and efficiently.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekdays, weekends, holidays and additional hours as venue schedule requires.
- Must work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect AEG / Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
- Experience with convention centers, meetings and conventions and special events, hospitality, or related areas.
- Knowledge of fertilizer and pesticide calibrations preferred.
- Knowledge of irrigation preferred.
- Knowledge of plant biology preferred.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.