AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Business Intelligence Director will be responsible for the enhancement of our data and analytics strategies and increase the use of data to make key business decisions across the LA Galaxy and Dignity Health Sports Park. This individual will work as a conduit between all departments to leverage data including recognizing ways to use models tools to help grow revenues or improve efficiency.
Further, the Business Intelligence Director will work closely with the VP of Business Operations to develop and implement the LA Galaxy and Dignity Health Sports Park’s data strategy. This position will undertake additional responsibilities as requested by the VP of Business Operations to ensure the LA Galaxy and Dignity Health Sports Park are at the forefront of data usage and integration.
- Support the collection of and management of all customer-related data. This includes, but not limited to, building web scraping tools to capture and store publicly available data.
- Manage data warehouse provider to ensure all data is aggregated appropriately, data quality standards are maintained, all ETL processes are monitored and reports are working properly.
- Design and execute analytics business plan, lead & hire an analytics staff and develop new ways to improve the use of data within our organization.
- Strategize and coordinate with the Senior Director, Analytics & Research on overall CRM and Email Marketing strategy. This include developing a customer journey strategy as well as enhancing segmentation of database.
- Work with CRM and marketing teams on the development of customer segmentation strategies.
- Gather and document requirements for new database systems, enhancements to existing systems and vendor identification. Through market research and expertise, ensure that the LA Galaxy and Dignity Health Sports Park are the forefront and the industry leader in analytics and technology integration.
- Ensure the accuracy and the integrity of the data by performing detailed data exploration and validation to identify trends, tendencies and anomalies.
- Work with Dignity Health Sports Park leadership to develop and implement an analytics strategy to enhance fan experience and efficiency.
- Develop methods and strategies to assist sales teams in maximizing ticketing revenues and marketing on ROI. This will be accomplished through effective communication and the development of tools to better illustrate successes and areas of opportunity.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience
- Superior leadership, verbal, written, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- 4+ years’ experience working with SAS, SPSS, R, Python or other statistical software
- Knowledge of data structures, SQL and relational databases
- Experience in AXS (or other sports ticketing system)
- Proven ability to communicate the process and results of data analysis clearly
- Ability to solve complex, analytical problems
- Comfort in working with multiple, large data and accompanying databases
- Team player who enjoys fast paced and innovative environment
- Experience with ETL processes and tools
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), Internet use, and ability to learn required business systems
- Experience with Business Intelligence software such as SAS or Tableau.
- Passion for soccer and/or sports.
- Experience with CRM like MSCRM
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.