AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Guest Services Assistant Manager will provide the Guest Services Management team with administrative support, in addition to performing duties as outlined below. This position requires the employee to work a varied work schedule, including all Barclays Center events (where applicable), concerts, special events, normal business hours, and training sessions.
- Assist Barclays Center guests with information/problems/issues during events.
- Work with Barclays Center Box Office to resolve ticketing issues, including accommodating guests with disabilities/special needs and assisting with relocations.
- Perform walk through of the building prior to opening doors to the public.
- Coordinate/direct staff for pre-event and/or post-event activities.
- Create and distribute event notes, credential sheets, deployment sheets, post event re-cap, etc. for staff/ supervisors/ management appropriately.
- Serve as the contact point for the Event Manager and Operations regarding event set-ups and promotional item giveaways (as applicable).
- Distribute attendance information via email to circulation group.
- Serve as Event Lead when necessary.
- Answer Guest Services e-mails, phone inquiries, mail correspondence during normal business hours.
- Act as a liaison between Management/ Supervisors/ Staff and effectively communicate any issues or concerns through the proper channels.
- Assist Human Resources in maintaining employee forms and databases.
- Ensure that both Guest Services Centers and Supervisors’ Offices are adequately supplied with necessary forms, documents and supplies.
- Create nametags and coordinate with Guest Services Management to receive ID badges for staff
- Monitor staff inquiries, attendance and infractions on a daily basis
- Assist with ordering all supplies for Guest Services management and supervisors.
- Assist with Guest Services staff scheduling throughout the season
- Handle Guest Services customer service recoveries, complaints and inquiries.
- Assist Guest Services Management whenever needed. Complete special projects/tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required, college degree in hospitality/sports entertainment preferred.
- E.A.M. Training Certification or Certificates in Guest Service Management preferred but not required.
- ABIMM Software experience highly preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years customer/guest service experience, preferably in a sports and/or entertainment facility (i.e. sports arena, sports venue, concert venue, and stadium).
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, recognize problems and find solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of day–to-day tasks.
- Ability to work well with fellow staff members.
- Ability to work long irregular hours for an extended period of time as dictated by events and schedule. This will include weekends and holidays.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time and have the ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Ability to read, listens, and communicates effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus but not required.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.