AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Guest Services Supervisors are responsible for providing excellent service at Barclays Center events to all areas of the Barclays Center. Reporting to the Guest Services Managers, the Guest Services Supervisor will supervise current Guest Services staff (GSRs, Ushers, and Ticket Takers) during Barclays Center events. This person must have experience managing large volumes of employees, and providing a high level of guest services to guests, facility tenants and season ticket holders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direction to foster and maintain a pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with guests and staff at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining a fun, friendly, and safe environment in assigned sections.
- Deploy staff for assigned events and posts. Assign appropriate rest/meal breaks, tasks, & elevator shifts.
- Train staff in basic guest service skills. Actively monitor staff interactions with Barclays Center guests at all events to ensure high level of guest satisfaction and guest service.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff. Serve as mentor/coach to all Guest Services employees.
- Administer appropriate performance reviews, counseling and disciplinary documentations as needed to ensure compliance of Barclays Center company/department policies in accordance with the Union contract.
- Effectively communicate escalated employee issues to Guest Services Managers. Work with department managers and Human Resources to resolve employee issues in a timely manner.
- Assist in providing the basics of service tasks such as covering elevators shifts, providing wheelchair escorts, monitoring an aisle, taking tickets, directing guests, and tending to any and all guests’ needs.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all departments within the building (i.e. Security, Levy, Event Production) to ensure that all needs of our guests are met.
- Ensure that all equipment is checked out appropriately, properly utilized by staff, and checked back in.
- Work with Security to ensure that all suites are empty of guests and lost items at the conclusion of every event.
- Establish standards to deliver excellent customer service skills and positive attitude when interacting with guests, vendors, & employees.
- Complete all assigned tasks within the guidelines & deadlines set by Guest Services Managers.
- Effectively and calmly interact with angry or emotional guests and employees.
- Follow all operating policies and procedures at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION):
1. A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
2. A minimum of 2 years of Guest Services related work experience
3. Reliable, punctual, and regular in attendance with good communication skills.
4. Must have reliable transportation to and from Barclay's Center for scheduled shifts. Parking will not be provided.
5. Must have the ability to read, write and understand English in a working environment.
6. Friendly, outgoing personality.
7. Ability to take direction well and work well with others.
8. Have exceptional guest and client service capabilities.
9. Able to work well with different personalities in a fast-paced environment and constant deadlines.
10. Able to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
11. Have exceptional interpersonal and telephone skills.
12. Able to work evenings and weekends.
13. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and ABI.
14. Must maintain a neat, well-groomed appearance that conveys professionalism at all times.
No visible tattoos, facial piercings, unnatural hair colors (i.e. blue, pink, etc.)
15. Must be available to work at least five (5) evening events per week; including all events on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Holidays may also be included
16. Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another, without the loss of efficiency or composure
17. Ability to memorize, recollect, and quickly retrieve relevant information.
18. Maintain company confidentiality.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Barclays Center rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of company facilities. Employees who violate these rules and regulations are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The Barclays Center and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.