AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Reporting to the Security Management Team, the Security Supervisor will supervise Security Officers at Barclays Center. This is a part-time, non-union, hourly position.
- 45% - Event Security
- Uphold the Security Department’s Prime Directives, most importantly our mission to take reasonable steps to protect the safety and security of our venues’ guests, employees, and assets with respect towards everyone’s dignity and legal rights.
- Resolve escalated security situations, providing appropriate warnings and complete ejections/arrests if warranted/necessary.
- Ensure enforcement and compliance of the venue’s Event Policies at all times.
- Assist with directional and informational inquiries. Serve as escalation point for complaints/issues.
- Appropriately document all major/minor incidents.
- Represent Barclays Center and the Security Department in an exemplary manner.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems in order to successfully perform and direct varied & complex tasks.
- Perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without the loss of efficiency or composure.
- 45% - Staff Supervision
- Deploy staff for events. Assign appropriate shifts, breaks, and necessary equipment.
- Train staff in basic guest service and security skills. Actively monitor staff interactions with Barclays Center venue guests, clients, artists/athletes, and employees at all events to ensure a safe, secure, comfortable entertainment experience for all.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff. Serve as mentor/coach to all Security employees.
- Provide timely, appropriate feedback to staff on performance, both positive and corrective. Effectively communicate escalated employee issues to Security Management Team.
- Administer appropriate performance reviews, counseling and disciplinary documentations as needed to ensure compliance of Barclays Center company/department policies.
- Exhibit the ability to accept responsibility for the performance & conduct of the entire security team assigned to the deployment.
- Exhibit leadership qualities, motivate staff & lead by example.
- 10% - Building Security Supervision (Fill In)
- Be able to supervise building’s 24/7 posts (Loading Dock, Dean Admin and Command Center).
- Be able to conduct department’s daily inventories as needed.
- Conduct department’s equipment checks (Hand Wands, radios, CCTV). Contact service providers and vendors to ensure equipment is maintained as needed.
- Assist with updating department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for all posts.
- Knowledgeable of building’s Fire Alarm systems.
- Knowledgeable of ISS systems.
- Knowledgeable of access control and visitor management system.
- Knowledgeable of package screening procedures, X-Ray technology.
- Candidate must be available to work at least five (5) various event shifts per week, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous security experience and current Guard Card License.
- Previous experience working in a similar sports/entertainment facility environment preferred.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience supervising and leading subordinates
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal in English) skills required
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel) required.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with building personnel, guests, visitors, clients, and vendors.
- An understanding of all the rules of law & the relevant penal codes.
- Must have strong teamwork etiquette.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in assignment per event.
- Must maintain a high standard of grooming.
- Ability to maintain patron, employee, and company confidentiality.
- Tasks are performed with moderate supervision
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk/stand and climb stairs for more than 4 hours
- Talking, hearing, walking, running, & vision activities occur continuously.
Stress Management/Composure Technical Capacity Customer Client Focus
Problem Solving/Analysis Communication Proficiency Time Management
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.