AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Uniform Room Supervisor is responsible for managing the Guest Service and Security uniform distribution process at the Barclays Center. Primary responsibilities include overseeing the issuing of uniforms to individual staff members on event days, tracking inventory and organization of the uniform room, managing schedules as well as cleaning rotations, and requires positive communication with staff, vendors, and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with staff at all times.
- Responsible for overseeing the Guest Service and Security rooms at Barclays Center which includes:
- Distribution/Collection of uniforms for Guest Service and Security staff daily.
- Distribution/Collection of cold weather Jackets from Guest Service and Security Staff.
- Assure all soiled uniforms are prepared and ready to be sent out to the cleaners.
- Making sure all aspects of the uniform rooms are organized and upkeep nightly.
- Manage and track the cleaning rotation and inventory in both uniform rooms.
- Manage all uniform alterations and repairs and make requests from vendors as needed.
- Routinely oversee the inventory aspect of the Guest Service and Security uniform rooms and maintain per stock levels for all uniform items.
- Be the point of contact for all reorder needs and damage information.
- Monitor employee locker rooms on a continuous basis and report any employee issues as it relates to conduct or dangerous work condition within the locker rooms.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all Barclays Center staff and Management.
- Act as a liaison between uniform vendors/cleaning company and Guest Service as well as Security Management.
- Effectively defuse any situation with angry or emotional employees.
- Make sure employees are following all operating policies and procedures at all times.
- Maintain company confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year prior customer service experience, preferable in a sports/entertainment venue environment.
- Reliable, punctual, and regular in attendance with good communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English in a working environment.
- Friendly, outgoing personality. Excellent customer service skills when interacting with guests, vendors and employees
- Ability to take direction well and work with others. Memorize, recollect and quickly retrieve relevant information.
- Previous clothing or garment related experience.
- Ability to work well with different personalities in a fast-paced environment and constant deadlines.
- Able to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Have exceptional interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Able to work evenings and weekends when necessary possibly until 12am or later
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must maintain a neat, well-groomed appearance that conveys professionalism at all times. No visible tattoos, facial piercings, unnatural hair colors (i.e blue, pink, etc).
- Must be available to work at least five (5) evening events per week, including all events on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Holidays may also be included.
Stress Management/Composure Customer Service Problem Solving/Analysis
Communication Proficiency Time Management Customer Client Focus
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.