AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The IT Customer Support Technician is responsible for event day preparation and operation of the Barclays Center Information Technology functions such as: Internet connectivity, network equipment, computer software, security and hardware. The incumbent will work on a team that serves as the arena’s first point of contact for events and will be required to expedite requests and issues as applicable.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Handles physical tasks involving placement and setup of network equipment.
- Makes custom-length CAT5e/6 network cables in-the-field using, RJ45 connectors, crimping tools and cable testers.
- Coordinates with members on internal IT teams to activate Ethernet jacks on required VLAN’s through patch panels and respective network switches.
- Troubleshoots IP Phones and IPTV issues; maintains record of activated wall jacks, network switch ports.
- Extends CAT5e/6 Ethernet cable and secure with gaffers tape according to specific venue requirements/floor plan instructions as directed.
- Provide on-site event support at Barclays Center to internal and external clients, staff, and tenants
- Follows detailed instructions and work independently as necessary; meets all setup timelines/deadlines
- Coordinate large desktop moves/deployments, application upgrades and new office setups.
- Diagnose and resolve problems on all types of technology related hardware, software, and transmission devices/media. Accurate trouble ticket creation and documentation within Service Desk Solution. Assess the situation, address next steps, execute action plan, and review after 24hrs ensure issue has been resolved.
- Provide excellent customer service via telephone and in person Participate with the day to day Help Desk activities.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred) in Information Technology or Computer Science
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience
- Experience supporting TCP/IP data networks and network infrastructure.
- Experience supporting Microsoft XP/Vista/7 and Mac OS.
- Experience in a customer service environment. Event experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of good customer support practice and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with all clients.
- Punctual and professionally attired in accordance with event schedule or directives.
- Good network troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of network cabling, patch panels, network switches, wireless networking devices, Ethernet extenders, cable testers, etc.
- Ability to trace, troubleshoot and repair a network cabling problem as necessary to restore service.
- Ability to successfully connect computer to network (Wi-Fi & wired).
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. in the course of equipment move and setup.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary. The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts, and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required
- A+/ Network + and\or CCNA certification is a plus
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at
any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside
his/her normal description.
The Barclays Center and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.