AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Manager, Conversion plays a crucial role in the daily building operations of the brand new arena. From basketball games to concerts to hockey games, the Conversion Manager will be responsible for accurate, timely and demanding completion of arena floor conversions for all Barclays Center Events.
This individual is also responsible for direction of work assignments, employee and building safety, and communication between management and department personnel. The manager must ensure strict adherence to standards and meet deadlines. As the Manager is responsible for 30+ part-time employees, candidates must possess strong leadership skills and be able to handle a very demanding schedule. Must be highly motivated and focused to handle our busy event schedule.
Key Job Factors:
1. Level of accountability: Customarily & regularly exercises discretion & independent judgement
2. Level of decision making: Diversified tasks
3. Has contact with: Inside / Outside company
4. Supervision: Direct supervision/management of employee(s)
5. Physical Requirements: Light, occasional physical effort
6. Travel Percentage (%): Not Applicable / As Needed
7. Position Title(s) of Direct Report(s): Conversion Crew, Operations Coordinator, Facility
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the conversion and changeover of the building from event to event including but not limited to hockey, basketball, college basketball, concert, boxing, graduations, family shows, and press conferences.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Directly supervise and assign work to FT/PT Staff Members in preparing facility for all events and conversions.
- Conducting ongoing reviews of budgeting and staffing plans; recruiting, training, supervising and evaluating departmental personnel.
- Develop standard operating procedures.
- Preparing and maintaining required reports/records/certifications for the city, code and/or corporate management.
- Preparing Event cost summaries for different types of conversions.
- Manage cost accounting expenses for conversions.
- Continuously review the departmental needs and recommend repairs, maintenance or special projects to the Director, Arena Operations.
- Creating and implementing purchasing and inventory control systems as it relates to consumable items, tools and equipment.
- Projects as required by the Director, Arena Operations.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION):
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
Area of Study: Facility Management, Sports Management or related
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- Experience managing and developing teams
- Specific experience as it relates to an 18,000+ seat sports and entertainment facility; managing the conversion requirements for sporting and entertainment arena events.
- Knowledge and previous experience working with NBA, NHL/AHL, NCAA (hockey and basketball), FELD Entertainment, AEG Live, Live Nation and other Concert and family show promoters preferred.
- Must have a continuous drive and passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests, employees, tenants and teams.
- Familiar with OSHA standards.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Specific knowledge of portable seating, ice maintenance, hockey glass and boards, portable basketball floor and other associated equipment.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary. The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required.
- Must have the ability to stand, sit, crouch and bend throughout the course of daily activities.
- Ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
- Must have the ability to stand or sit in one location for a minimum of four hours at a time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English in a working environment.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of the facility.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Barclays Center rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of company facilities. Employees who violate these rules and regulations are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The Barclays Center and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.