AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The engineer is responsible for self-performing, organizing, promoting, and facilitating training with safety concepts to achieve efficient building maintenance and operation. The highest standard of excellence is always required to be upheld as it relates to quality and timeliness of work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate, maintain and repair all boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, appurtenances and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water.
- Operate, maintain and repair refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature.
- Operate, maintain and repair pumps, handling brines, or other secondary refrigerating liquids, together with all valves, appurtenances and lines used in the system.
- Operate, maintain and repair air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
- Operate, maintain and repair all natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
- Operate, maintain and repair water filters, softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks, toilet bowls, supply lines, drains and water lines.
- Operate, maintain and repair all types of electrical motors and engines used to power pumps, compressors and fans.
- Operate, maintain and repair fuel oil systems, including pumps, valves, lines, controls and fuel tanks.
- Operate, maintain and repair sanitary sewer systems, including sump pumps, Ejector pumps, basins, water closets, urinals and piping.
- Maintain proper operation during seasonal changes and recalibrate controls based on seasonal conditions to ensure energy efficient operation.
- Maintain all equipment as required per the Preventive Maintenance Program. Preventive Maintenance Program will be scheduled to meet the manufacturer’s required service specifications.
- Maintain life safety and security systems according to OSHA safety standards.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by building management.
- Carry out daily rounds and inspections of the building and accurately filling out the respective documents for record keeping.
- Accurately and comprehensively filling out the shift log book before the end of each shift. This must be populated with all activities on the respective shift.
- Perform daily inspections of the interior and exterior of the arena proper. Follow up with the appropriate vendor to address any issues that need immediate attention.
- Operate the Building Management System to control all equipment and the varying building conditions.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
GED or High School Diploma Required, trade experience strongly preferred.
Must possess a Certificate of Qualification (Q-01 Refrigeration System Operating Engineer)
Possess or be willing to earn the S12 and S13 Certificate of Fitness.
Basic knowledge in Computer literacy.
Specific engineering experience as it relates to an 18,000+ seat sports and entertainment facility; organizing and directing event requirements for sporting and entertainment arena events.
Experience working with Unions and the related trades.
Working knowledge of tools and equipment related to managing a multi-purpose sports and entertainment facility.
Must have a continuous drive and passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests, employees, tenants and teams.
Knowledge and previous experience working with NBA, NHL/AHL, NCAA (hockey and basketball), FELD Entertainment, AEG Live, Live Nation and other concert and family show promoters preferred.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary. The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required.
- Must have the ability to stand, sit, crouch and bend throughout the course of daily activities.
- Ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
- Must have the ability to stand or sit in one location for a minimum of four hours at a time.
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English in a working environment.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Barclays Center rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of company facilities. Employees who violate these rules and regulations are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The Barclays Center and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.