AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Under general supervision of the Facilities or Conversions Manager, the part-time Zamboni Operator is responsible for the performance of various duties in maintaining and operations the Barclays Center hockey and ice rink. The position involves significant public contact to cold or freezing temperatures. Hours and days of work vary according to the needs of the arena, as assigned by the department’s management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Facilities department in the general operations of the ice rink.
- Assumes complete responsibility for the Ice Rink on his or her shift.
- Follows procedures established by the Facilities Manager, NHL, and affiliated promoters& tour managers.
- Safeguards the property of the arena’s ice rink.
- Supervises or works alongside two or more part-time employees on a scheduled shift.
- Ensures the Ice Rink operates in a safe manner.
- Reports any unsafe conditions to the Facilities Manager on duty or takes action to immediately correct and/or address the situation.
- Reports all accidents and incidents to the Facilities Manager,
- Operates the Zamboni ice resurfacing machine.
- Performs other takes, as the Facilities Manager deems necessary for the efficient and effective operation of the facility.
- Interacts positively with the public in a kind and courteous manner.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or completion of a E.D. certificate (Required)
- One year progressively responsible experience performing operations and management responsibilities in a ice rink facility or sports arena or other recreational facility. (Strongly Preferred)
- Ability to operate and maintain a Zamboni ice resurfacing machine. (Required)
- General knowledge of maintenance and ability to make minor repairs to the Zamboni ice resurfacing machine.
- Ability to prepare written reports to maintain routine records.
- Ability to act independently and exercise discretion and good judgment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, assisting and supporting team members whenever needed.
- Must work long irregular hours for an extended period of time dictated by event schedule. (weekends and holidays included)
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time and have ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Employee must maintain a neat, well-groomed and professional appearance that conveys professionalism at all times, whether in the office or out of the office, particularly during events.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbal and written.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Barclays Center rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of company facilities. Employees who violate these rules and regulations are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The Barclays Center and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.