AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Director of Operations will oversee all back-of-house operations as it relates to facility services, conversions, housekeeping, electrical, carpentry, and loading dock operations during event and non-event times. The incumbent is responsible for managing the daily operation of Barclays Center to ensure employee, client, and guest safety, security and enjoyment. The incumbent is responsible for reviewing Vendor contracts and assisting in the RFP process when contracts are up for renewal. The incumbent is responsible for managing third party vendors such as Housekeeping, Pest-Control, waste and recycling management, elevator/escalator, etc.
The incumbent will ensure that all back-of-house departments work in sync so that Barclays Center operates optimally at all times and that patrons, clients and promoter/production managers are consistently treated in a first class, professional manner while producing successful events.
Key Job Factors:
1. Level of accountability: Self directed
2. Level of decision making: Diversified tasks
3. Has contact with: Inside / Outside company
4. Supervision: Direct supervision/management of employee(s)
5. Position Title(s) of Direct Report(s): Sr Manager Facility Services, Manager Facility Services, Manager Conversions, Chief Electrician, Loading Dock Manager, Quality Control Manager
6. Physical Requirements: Light, occasional physical effort
7. Travel Percentage (%): 10%
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs and actively participates in the discussion and decision-making process relative to all areas of Facility Operations.
- Supervises Operations/Conversions Managers, Chief Electrician, Quality Control Manager, Loading Dock Manager, and Custodial Supervisor, including hiring, performance reviews, career development, and direction of daily activities and management of their respective employees.
- Ensures all programs and procedures are in place to maintain security, safety and enjoyment for clients, guests and employees on a daily and event basis.
- Develops practical and realistic Operational and Capital budgets as well as approves and monitors expenses.
- Ensures all operational activities related to the holding of events at The Barclays Center, from preparation of estimates to final settlement, are handled in a timely, accurate and thorough manner.
- Participates in and actively contributes to all Staff and Director meetings.
- Responsible for purchase, maintenance and repair of all facilities and equipment, including HVAC equipment, compressors, energy systems, ice plant, meeting rooms, and offices.
- Selects, contracts with, and monitors the work of qualified professionals for various outsourced operations and maintenance responsibilities.
- Oversees all construction, renovation, and equipment changes and/or purchases.
- Oversees the cleanliness of the facilities, equipment, and mechanical areas including spectator and public areas.
- Oversees the accurate record keeping for all maintenance and repairs to Company machinery and equipment.
- Leads Union negotiations and contract compliance and effectively interacts with Union representatives.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION):
1. A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year)
Area of Study: Facility Management, Sports Management, or related area
2. A minimum of 7-10 years of related work experience
3. Experience managing in a Union environment.
4. Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate a diverse workforce.
5. Skilled at interacting effectively with all levels of management and staff, promoters, suppliers, guests and visitors.
6. Ability to build strong working relationships with local fire and police departments and other government entities.
7. Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
8. Excellent verbal, written and public relations skills.
9. Knowledge of the functions, operations, and equipment of a multi-purpose entertainment complex.
10. Working knowledge of ice installation and maintenance.
11. Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical and computer energy management systems.
12. Knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State OSHA regulations.
13. Knowledge of safety practices, including first aid and all applicable safety standards for public facilities.
14. Solid accounting and finance skills.
15. Proficient with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and, preferably, Auto Cad.
16. Ability to work a demanding schedule including nights, weekends, holidays, double shifts.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Barclays Center rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of company facilities. Employees who violate these rules and regulations are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The Barclays Center and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.