AXS connects fans with the artists and teams they love. Each year we sell millions of tickets to thousands of incredible events – from concerts and festivals to sports and theater – at some of the most iconic venues in the world. Since our founding in 2011, we’ve consistently pushed the industry forward and improved experiences for fans, making it easier than ever to discover events, find the perfect seats, and enjoy unforgettable live entertainment, and we continue to lead the evolution of our industry today.
We’re passionate about improving the fan experience and providing game-changing solutions for our clients, and we’re always looking for smart, motivated people to help make it happen. Bring your enthusiasm, your big ideas, and your desire to team up with some of the best and brightest in technology and entertainment. Together we keep the world cheering.
AXS is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Tempe focusing on technical solutions for the music festival industry. We understand destination festivals, the culture and its needs. And with thousands of hours at nearly 200 of the biggest festivals across the country, we’ve pioneered advanced ticketing and RFID platforms that enhance the festival experience, empower fans and pave the way for a future of unforgettable events.
Our Senior Software Engineering is a full stack developer who will create and deploy microservices, maintain and support existing products, lead feature development, and contribute to architectural discussions.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in discussions with leadership and Development Operations team and design the plan, look, function, and structure of serverless architectures and create design in the system leveraging AWS Lambda, API Gateway, and DynamoDB.
- Design the plan, look, function and structure of scalable and resilient yet simple software solutions that are capable of being extended as business needs grow and change. Create the design using various programming languages based on best practices, new technologies, and legacy systems.
- Deploy microservices written in Go in a CI/CD CodePipeline environment
- Create rich, intuitive interfaces using React
- Research new technologies and languages to solve various problems and issues within the product.
- Collaborate with leadership, internal stakeholders, and the product team with accurate Feature competition timeline estimates to influence and prioritize the product roadmap
What to Bring
- 4+ years of related work experience
- Fluent in RESTful API design best practices
- Familiarity with an Agile work environment
- Broad understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Extensive experience writing unit tests and integration tests
- Understanding of development fundamentals such as security, performance, scalability, reliability
- Ability to provide constructive feedback during code reviews (g.design pattern guidance, readability, performance, etc)
- Results driven with reliable follow through
- Familiarity with the SOLID design principles, software design patterns, and clean code practices
- Solid experience with a object-oriented language such as Go, Kotlin, Java, C#, or C++
- Experience leveraging cloud technologies, especially using a microservice architecture
- Practical experience with the limitations and tradeoffs of NoSQL data storage
- Experience building and maintaining a CI/CD release pipeline preferred
- Experience with Agile SCRUM, Scaled Agile Framework, and SDLC methodologies preferred
- Experience building extensible plug-in type architectures preferred
- Comfortable using Git version control
NOTE: Our technical teams work on a hybrid basis, typically coming to the office twice a week.
More about AXS
AXS sells millions of tickets every year for 300+ clients in the US and Europe, from venues like the O2 in London and the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Denver to teams like the Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota Timberwolves and Houston Rockets. Headquartered in Downtown Los Angeles, California, we also work in wonderful offices throughout the US, the UK, and Europe. At each location you’ll find a team of dedicated, diverse employees (we’ve dubbed ourselves “Fanatix”) who create groundbreaking products and services in a fun, fast-paced environment. We love what we do along with our fantastic culture, enviable perks, and comprehensive benefits. To learn more about working at AXS, visit: https://solutions.axs.com/careers/