AEG Company: Los Angeles Kings Hockey Club, LP
Company Information: AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Executive Producer, Live Entertainment is a leadership role which serves as the creative force and Executive Producer of all LA Kings home games and events. The vision is to lead a creative team to deliver an entertainment product that creates an event atmosphere consistent with the expectations of LA Kings fans and the LA entertainment marketplace. This position oversees a full-time staff of 3-5 individuals, and will require advance strategy, foresight, innovation, and a constant evolution of ideas and deliverables. Strong relationship skills, service mentality and the ability to provide multiple options for solutions are at the core of this role that also includes oversight of the following: live acts and talent, live and digital features and content, digital content display, in-game music strategy, scripting, pre-production, special effects, operations, etc. This individual is also responsible for managing and overseeing all in-arena, on-ice, and event employees, activities, promotions and operations. The individual will work to enhance the experiences of guests attending LA Kings & AEG Sports games and events, build relationships with internal clients, external partners and future partners, vendors, building/event personnel, etc. While this role largely will be focused on game day fan experiential elements, a strong background in event production is required as this role will oversee the execution of key large-scale events. Event production knowledge base should include, event design and layout, staging, lighting, sound, special effects, scenic elements, guest flow and timing, and overall event development skills.
- Act as lead producer and oversee the development of all game day elements and usage for elements related to LAK game production with the specific goal of innovation and invention: Including lighting programming and usage, lasers programming and usages, other special effects, video and graphics production, Daktronics Boards/LED, PA Announcer, deejays, in game host, Ice Crew, performance teams (Drummers), anthem performers, halftime entertainment and acts, bands, and other live elements including presentations and ceremonies.
- Provide ultimate oversight for day-to-day department business operations, programs and initiatives and manage departmental operational and expense budgets for all constructs including special events, NHL games, and additional promotions. Must lead the department both creatively and functionally and be ultimately responsible for success in shaping the goals and vision the department.
- Institute a management strategy for department, effectively communicate departmental goals, provide guidance, insight, and expertise while establishing an environment for full and part time staff that engenders creativity, respect, trust and development of staff talent and skill set growth across all positions. Will conduct monthly goal-setting meetings and annual performance reviews for full time staff.
- Identify cutting edge market relevant assets and oversee implementation of new game elements as related to installation, testing, permitting, compliance with venue requirements for hardware, equipment, new technologies, special effects or software upgrades
- Development of revitalized and fully integrated music strategy for game day and special events.
- Oversee aspects of all Kings game day and special event based talent needs including National Anthem program, promotional and interactive brand ambassadors, performance groups, halftime entertainment initiatives and live promotional programs for the LA Kings (LA Kings Ice Crew, Kings Drumline, Deejays, Hosts).
- Provide oversight for all script development and cue to cue show direction for all aspects of game day production
- Provide oversight of interface with broadcast groups and NHL league departments to insure implementation of broadcast and league requirements in conjunction with the game day timing and all other event executions.
- Lead developmental meetings for in game elements and promotions as related to production and development of in game promotions, contests, and creation of the in-game elements.
- Provide creative direction and oversee production of all event constructs related to game day fanfest and other potential game day events.
- Provide event production strategy and produce all need elements as related to the special events in partnership with community, sales, marketing or global partnerships including; creative ideation, budgeting, CAD development, event design, staging, audio/video, run of show, production timelines, event logistics, guest flow, staffing and security deployments, and venue interface.
- Collaborate with the AEG Global Partnerships to evolve and develop in-game inventory providing a sellable and actionable asset menu with more flexibility, versatility, and increased focus on a modern and engaging fan experience. Similar collaboration will be needed for creation of sponsor related opportunities and special event elements including the coordination with AEG GP with respect to activation and fulfillment of such elements.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The Executive Producer, Game Presentation and Events must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Managerial experience, including direct supervision of part-time and/or full-time staff, hiring, training, assigning projects/duties, appraising performance, rewarding and/or disciplining employees, addressing issues and complaints, and solving problems
- Strong operating knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Additional software operating knowledge for Shoflo, AUTO CAD or similar preferred.
- Extensive experience in scriptwriting and production timing/rundown execution
- Knowledge of and experience utilizing current social media platforms including ability to apply social platforms to live event and game entertainment constructs for added fan engagement.
- Proactive and able to resolve both urgent challenges and those requiring a multi-step resolution process creatively and with little or no supervision.
- Able to successfully manage several platforms at once; prioritize functions, assess strengths of staff and assign tasks accordingly, delegate responsibilities, manage expectations of internal customers.
- Able to build strong relationships with venue partner to be able to execute planning in a tightly booked facility. Will often require creative problem solving for the installation, testing and rehearsal of large scale game assets.
- Must be able to deliver highly creative concepts and innovations while also demonstrating planning that is extremely organized and actionable.
- Ability to identify in real time the nuances in programming that requires course correction and apply adjustments to elements that will yield greatest guest satisfaction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for developing live event production and game presentation constructs and demonstrates a clear understanding of how to apply those constructs specifically in the Los Angeles market with a goal of maximizing guest experience.
- Knowledge of and experience editing/design with Adobe Photoshop and/or Premiere/Final Cut (Pro/Avid a plus)
- Knowledge and understanding of production principles pertaining to video/graphic production, lighting, audio/sound production, lasers, implementation of special effects, permitting, ground plan construction, development of scenic elements, power distributions, basic LAFD requirements as it pertains to above, etc.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) in Film/Television, Media, Communications, or related field
- Minimum of 15+ years of related work experience
- Minimum of 12 years of direct experience in Game/Event Management, Live Event Production, Talent Management, or Production Management
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.