For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
Reporting to COO Goldenvoice, this position is responsible for managing the overall operations for AEG Presents/Goldenvoice's Northern California operations and oversees all of the teams within the assigned region to achieve overall business goals. The VP Regional Operations builds strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders in the pursuit of reaching revenue targets. The incumbent has a strong understanding of all aspects of the region including venue and festival operations, finance/accounting, booking, special events, ticketing (including VIP and upsells), marketing, and sponsorship.
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the companys efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in each division to achieve financial objectives.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in a related field
- A minimum of 8-10 years of related work experience in venue and festival operations including overall budget management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of the music industry is preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to participate in strategic planning processes
- General understanding of finance, balance-sheet and lease structures
- Knowledge of operational accounting and finance
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic thinker with strong attention to detail
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her/their normal description.