For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Accountant’s duties include assisting the Senior Accountants with the monthly close process encompassing all event revenue & expense, G&A, petty cash, T&E, royalties and insurance. The Accountant will collect and compile all invoices pertaining to each show and code to appropriate department with an ability to resolve discrepancies, field invoice inquiries, and provide support to the team as necessary.
- Collect and compile all invoices pertaining to each assigned festival/event, code to appropriate department and enter in JD Edwards ensuring that all data is entered correctly and matches reporting.
- Processing of road checks, daily cash receipts, invoices, artist payments, NSF checks, chargebacks and all other cash transactions.
- Assist with reconciliation of bank statements, show files, ticketing audits, marketing invoices, merchandise settlement, and purchasing card charges for festival costs – Research and resolve all necessary discrepancies.
- Work with festival operating staff to ensure proper documentation is in place for settlement. Review and vouch supporting documents in the settlement file related to all revenue and expense.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned including: Ad-hoc projects/analyses and generation of reports on request.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year)
- Years of related work experience: 2
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems and discrepancies in financial systems
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills - specifically vlookup, pivot tables, and other advanced formulas; Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Able to work both independently and as part of a large operational team on-site
- Strong written/verbal communication skills with good time management and the ability to multi-task
- Available to work on-site at festival events, including 10-20% travel
- Industry knowledge and event operations experience is preferred, but a love of music is required!
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.