For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Accountant is responsible for the closing of assigned shows for specified venues or one-offs and for the entry and coding of financial data. This position will process road checks, reconcile bank statements, maintain general maintenance of digital records for their department or venue, and work with operating staff to ensure that assigned shows are ready for settlement. The Accountant will collect and compile all invoices pertaining to each show and code to appropriate department with an ability to resolve discrepancies, field invoice inquiries, and provide support to the Sr Accountant and Accounting Manager as necessary.
- Collect and compile all invoices pertaining to each assigned show, code to appropriate department and enter in JD Edwards ensuring that all data is entered correctly and matches reports.
- Processing of road checks, daily cash receipts, invoices, artist payments, NSF checks, charge backs and all other cash transactions.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of bank statements, show files, tickets, Facebook marketing invoices, merchandise settlement, balance sheets, credit card transactions for ticket sales, and purchasing card charges for show costs – Research and resolve all necessary discrepancies.
- Work with venue operating staff to ensure proper documentation is in place for settlement. Review and vouch supporting documents in the settlement file related to all revenues and expense. Submit show close documents to Accounts Payables.
- Review and enter expenses into correct financial system. Code expenses to the appropriate department
- Compare and maintain internal show system and JD Edwards accounting systems to ensure that financial data is accurate and up to date
- May process and allocate payroll of part time 3rd party payroll employees
- May be responsible for the creation of reimbursement schedules, royalties, insurance, and the entering of receivables and payables into sub ledgers
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned including: Ad-hoc projects, monthly flush, income statement, balance sheet, and generation of reports on request.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year)
- Years of related work experience: 2
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practice
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems and discrepancies in financial system
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Music industry experience is preferred
- Experience with JDE, Image Now and Concur is preferred
- CPA designation is preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.