For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
- AEG Community Affairs
- Manage and oversee existing philanthropic initiatives in the community, primarily in the areas of educational enrichment, music education, youth recreation and wellness, college readiness and workforce development
- Manage and oversee community programs and initiatives tied to the company’s business development
- Oversee the community ticket donation program
- Manage annual Season of Giving community events and employee volunteer activities
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with nonprofit organizations, community-based organizations and other civic entities, coordinate in-kind contributions, such as use of facilities, as needed
- Collaborate with the communications department on creating public relations opportunities for community events and activities
- Support the company’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives in conjunction with DEI department by attending meetings, participating in DEI programming and incorporating elements of DEI in community programs
- Support the company’s Employee Resource Group (ERGs) in conjunction with the Employee Engagement department by attending ERG meetings, and supporting ERG community-based initiatives
- Assist in organizing and developing annual reports
- Attend and represent AEG at fundraising events and charitable dinners
- Develop and manage budgets for community affairs programs
- Manage department interns including hiring, onboarding, training, daily tasks and overall professional development
- Collaborate with departments and divisions to support their community initiatives and employee volunteer opportunities
- AEG Community Foundation
- Develop, manage and oversee grant management procedures; including but not limited to grant applications, due diligence procedures (vetting), application reviews and approvals, contracts, fulfilling payments and grant recipient reporting
- Develop, update and maintain online applications and software throughout the grant making process
- Manage external communications between the Foundation and grant applicants and recipients
- Collaborate with other departments and divisions to increase awareness of the Foundation’s grant giving opportunities
- Manage the grantee check requests workflow and collaborate with finance to ensure checks are submitted in a timely manner
- External Affairs and Public Affairs Activities
- Participation with community affairs outreach, including but not limited to helping develop and capture community support for business development related projects
- Attend community meetings and civic events on behalf of the company
- Provide outreach and communications with elected officials as needed
- BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- 4-6 years Experience in the areas of nonprofit management, corporate foundations, corporate social responsibility, community development and/or community engagement.
- Experience with special event planning and execution
- Supervisor experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and have experience making public presentations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and the ability to learn work related systems
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations and governance of nonprofit organizations
- Working knowledge of nonprofit fundraising
- Spanish language fluency (written and verbal) is a plus
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.