AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Senior Director PMO is responsible for managing AEG Presents Program and Project Portfolio through strategic and operational leadership including setting up and updating the current PMO framework. This role will build close partnerships with various stakeholders across AEG and will be responsible for successful project governance and management. The Senior Director PMO will manage assigned critical programs/projects and efforts to ensure scope is clear, milestones are met and measured while addressing risks and mitigated while adhering to project budgets. The Senior Director PMO will develop and continue to mature the PMO practice through project management methodologies, processes improvements, technology governance and staff development. Projects include large venue infrastructure, post-merger acquisitions, festival-related project structure and internal IT projects (infrastructure upgrades and development projects).
- Responsible for managing AEG Presents portfolio of programs and projects by integrating cross-functional project plans including the development of project charters, schedules, milestones, budgets, risks, issues and resource management to meet project goals while incorporating technical, resource, operational and regulatory requirements into project plans.
- Develop and mature the project management methodology to assure successful project lifecycle management including initiation/inception, planning, execution, controlling, monitoring and project closure.
- Manage the program/project portfolio through governance and provide status updates summary reports to various stakeholders.
- Manage and provide leadership to the PMO team.
- Facilitate resource tracking and allocation.
- Contributes to strategic planning and other assigned special projects to continuously improve AEG Presents PMO.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 7-10 years of related work experience in IT project management, including budget management
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) and PMP certification preferred
- Proven ability to build and effectively manage high-performing, self-managing teams that work well in a complex environment
- Deep understanding of project management concepts (i.e. demand management, prioritization, approval processes, metric and analytic reporting, issue/risk resolution, dependency identification, financial tracking, scheduling, resource management, capacity planning)
- Experience with mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Keen business acumen
- Structured problem-solving skills; ability to identify high-impact issues/risk for executive review
- Extremely detailed oriented with strong organization and time management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal/negotiation skills, including conflict resolution with senior leadership required. Ability to garner support and operate with political savvy
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and ability to adjust style depending on audience
- Solid emotional intelligence with ability to work well under pressure; must be agile and comfortable with change
- Experience managing client expectations; must be able to anticipate operational and tactical risks and tracks them
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio); and ability to learn required business systems
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.