AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Director of Guest Experiences will be responsible for all Goldenvoice festival operations that involve forward facing interaction with guests. The role will be heavily involved with planning on site operations like Info Kiosks, Lost and Found, ADA, Pathways and strive to continually improve process. All of the department heads for those departments will report to this position. This individual will be involved with the content of the Welcome Guide, Day of Show Guide, and work with operations on Staff Guide. This individual will audit, establish, and maintain technological solutions for improving interdepartmental communication and process for our guest inquiries. The role will be a consultant to festival marketing and project manage initiatives like Everyone and GV Black. The individual will be expected to work closely with festival ticketing on customer support, high-end VIP programs and coordinating with VMT on travel offerings.
- Define department overlap where guest experience is impacted. Create information work flow with each department head to achieve mutually agreeable goals ie: Signage, Emergency, Security, Risk Management
- Compile comprehensive procedures for guest services department; focus on improving communication hierarchy of approvals and guest inquiry response time
- Consult with Sr, Manager of Guest Experience & Marketing to understand current process and areas to create efficiencies. Advocate to showcase importance of guest experience
- Oversee department heads who lead vendors and hired staff to maintain high degree of communication with guests before, during, and after events. Formalize onboarding and training sessions for consistency and improved staff experience
- Understand how to set up short term temporary solutions in real time at festivals or strategize long term plans as it relates to guest inquiries on site, incoming emails or emergency situations
- Evaluate VIP programs and help improve VIP offerings; integrate with VMT or VIP staff. Help drive revenue with selected clients.
- Understand and improve communication (website, socials) with guests leading up to events.
- Stay up to date with guest related trends, looking at real life examples of how other festivals or entertainment companies are handling communication and best practice experiences
- Consult with leadership and project manage community engagement programs like Everyone, Queer+, Accessible Festivals, Sustainability and GV Black
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in a related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience (promotor, music venue and / or festival)
- Industry experience required (venues, promoters, agent and manager history, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn required business systems
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, experience with copywriting
- Tech and social media savvy
- Strong knowledge of pop culture, music (past and present)
- Quick thinking and creative, ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate consistent accountability as a leader
- Passionate about advocating on behalf of fans
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her/thier normal description.