AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for financial reporting, including the reconciliation of the balance sheet and the monthly reforecasting. The Sr. Accountant enters, codes, and approves invoices, road checks and expenses and will also be responsible for preparing the monthly closing, journal entries, balance sheet analysis, expense coding, maintaining show files, settling shows and miscellaneous accounting projects as assigned. The Sr. Accountant is accountable for monthly accounting entries in the general ledger including invoices, petty cash, T&E, corporate credit cards, royalties and insurance. This position works in conjunction with Accounting Manager or Director of Accounting and is a contributing member of the finance team that oversees all financials for venue/region.
- Review and reconciliation of balance sheet, general ledger, accounts receivables and accounts payables.
- Review and coding of invoices, road checks, cash receipts, p-card transactions and expenses. Create and code invoices for outstanding receivables. Obtain proper approval and code to specific events. Audits show file for tour and co-promotion settlements.
- Responsible for monthly accounting entries in general ledger including invoicing rental clients, 3rd party processing, petty cash, T&E, corporate credit cards, royalties, and insurance.
- Enter cash receipts and road checks for region into JDE and code to appropriate department. Review event settlements for accuracy and process road checks and cash receipts through AP.
- Works in conjunction with Accounting Manager or Director of Accounting for department/venue to prepare annual budgeting and reforecasting based on monthly and annual projected sales. Complete the month end close and show and tour reconciliation.
- Management of audits, including compilation of data for appropriate inquiries. Organize payroll audits for regional venues and offices.
- Liaison with CAPs and part-time employees. Ensuring that staff needs are met and payroll conflicts are resolved in a timely manner to reduce compliance liability - check requests, rate discrepancies, and payroll audits
- Analyzes cost data to determine return on investment on partnership deals and renewals.
- Annual management of building permits and renewals.
- May assist in show settlement as necessary for unassigned shows or tours.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in Finance/Accounting
- 5 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Ability to multi-task and detail-orientated.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook; Strong Microsoft Excel skills - specifically working in pivot tables
- Strong financial analytical skills with prior experience in finance reporting systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish the goals of finance department
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills
- Music Industry knowledge and concert operation experience
- Experience with JDE, ImageNow, and Concur
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.