AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Box Office Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the ticket office runs efficiently through proper training, event management, leadership, and the oversight of day-to-day functions. The Box Office Manager will share the responsibility of maintaining strong relationships between various promoters (internal and external), artist representatives, venue management, and staff members. The position assists in the overall administrative planning, direction, and policy implementation within the department.
- Build and maintain promotional event ticketing system. Manage seating inventory from build of event through settlement of event with a strong emphasis on delegation to staff.
- Managing box office via staffing and scheduling. Hire, train and empower staff to ensure that ticketing personnel is following all departmental guidelines and practices.
- Either directly or via delegation creates events with appropriate ticketing software. Ensure accuracy, timely response to needs, and follow through with General Manager, Talent Buyers, and Rental Clients.
- Ensure equipment is working appropriately and verify correct ticket sales. Update ticket and show related information in internal software.
- Maintain continuous rapport between artist management and venue for ticket needs and ticket sales. Attend production promotion meetings and work with booking department members to program their events correctly.
- Lead staff in proper Customer Service Policies including resolving customer (internal and external) issues and interfacing with other departments. Assures consistent, courteous, respectful and timely service.
- Prepare and provide pertinent reports to the finance department, all other departments as necessary and other third parties or partners on a need to know basis on event settlement reports and ticket counts, with strong emphasis on training and communication on internal ticketing and communication programs.
- Run a production department meeting when events go on sale. Will review seating diagram and production to ensure all departments and artist agree with layout and mapping.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree Preferred)
- 5 years of related work experience
- Advanced knowledge of computerized ticket sales, preferably the AXS system
- Strong math aptitude and with a focus on detail and accuracy
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Previous experience in the music industry and event planning
- Computer savvy. Knowledgeable and skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail and moderate to complex problem solving skills
- Able to multitask and prioritize heavy work load while working in a fast paced working environment
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Proven ability to manage and lead team
- Experience with ticketing systems and basic knowledge of databases
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.