AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Assistant Manager Security, along with the Manager Security, will provide oversight for the security functions at related event/venue. The Assistant Manager Security is responsible for overseeing security operations, as well as managing, training, and assessing performance of security personnel. The Assistant Security Manager is also responsible for conducting internal investigations when necessary, providing courteous service, providing protection to important persons, managing the schedules of security personnel and tracking their attendance.
- Collaborates with other managers in the creation and implementation of the Emergency Evacuation Plan, security planning of applicable events standards, policies, and procedures.
- Supervises event staff and assists with all customer and safety issues Ensures staff complies with all the legal & ethical instructions
- Conducts security audits to preemptively address possible concerns, issues or situations with section personal and customers to identify, investigate, or resolve security breaches. Handles escalated guest services issues.
- Respond to medical emergencies, bomb threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures
- Responsible of the investigation and evaluation of all incident reports of accidents, safety and fire hazards and the file of reports on safety precautions.
- Monitors that staff is up to date with training, standards and certification. Preforms audits to ensure current training/certification completed.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests, or others on company property. Mans the security base command centers and establishes post positions for officers. Ensures patrols are being conducted for building on regular basis
- Supervises the flow of guests prior to all events to ensure appropriate staffing is available.
- Creates employee schedules in appropriate software and coordinates with Human Resources to ensure proper payroll available.
- Facilitates employee performance discussions and disciplinary action.
- Responsible for the operation of surveillance cameras, and completion of metal detector and wand checks. Also responsible for security department administrative functions including the answering of phones and radio commutations.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree Preferred)
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Prior law enforcement experience is preferred
- An understanding of all the rules of law enforcement, including relevant penal codes
- Ability to accept responsibility for the performance & conduct of the entire security team assigned to the site
- Ability to represent AEG and the Security Department in an exemplary manner
- Ability to exhibit leadership qualities, motivate staff & lead by example
- Ability to maintain good business relations with all the employees & managers
- Ability to effectively manage crises and work under pressure without loss of composure
- Management experience
- Ability to interact effectively and calmly with angry or emotional patrons and employees during intensely aggravated circumstances.
- Ability to communicate, comprehend and follow instructions.
- Ability to maintain patron, employee and company confidentiality.
- Ability to supervise effectively, fairly and efficiently.
- Ability to memorize, recollect and quickly retrieve relevant information. Exhibit maturity by making sound judgments.
- A good understanding of the guest services role of the arena as well as the security team.
- Ability to create, implement, and present training materials to the department as well as the arena.
- Must possess and continue to hold an active Guard Card
- Required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to maintain active CPR & First Aid certification
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Knowledge of music industry is preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.