AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Bowery Presents is the leading New York City-based concert promoter, whose mission is to bring the best artists to the New York City metropolitan area and venues spanning from Maine to the Gulf Coast, while providing the best concert experience for both fans and artists. Since its inception, The Bowery Presents has focused on artist development, consistently striving to advance artists like My Morning Jacket, Mumford & Sons, Sam Smith, and LCD Soundsystem from performing in intimate clubs to performing in sold-out arenas. As a trusted industry tastemaker, The Bowery Presents produces dynamic entertainment experiences at dozens of venues nationally, presenting more than 2,500 shows per year.
Door Staff members are responsible for all day of show needs as they relate to the set-up and operation of the entry and exit of patrons. The incumbents monitor lines outside of the venue, scan tickets, check for proper identification and ensure the overall safety of patrons.
- Set up and break down of event and front door equipment including barriers and metal detectors.
- Organize and monitor ingress and egress of patrons. Attend to patron needs and answer questions regarding venue and show information.
- Tend to VIP and Artist needs and requests. This may include escorting VIPs or Artists to designated areas of the venue.
- Scan tickets and check for proper identification to issue wristbands for alcohol consumption or restrict entrance for shows with age limits.
- Ensure patrons experience a safe venue environment; which may include escorting patrons off premises as deemed necessary by a supervisor.
- Attend mandatory meetings and trainings as assigned by supervisor.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 2-3 years of related work experience
- A proven ability to stay calm in high pressure situations and effectively diffuse contentious situations
- Previous ID checking experience
- Impeccable customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to relate in a diplomatic and friendly way to an array of people
- Previous experience working in a fast pace environment, venue or live event
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.