AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Box Office Attendant is responsible for assisting patrons with ticket distribution and providing general information pertaining to the venue or event. In addition to these general duties, the incumbent will provide direct support to the Box Office Manager and cover various tasks as needed.
- Assist customers with using ticketing software and ticket purchase through various methods; including cash, credit, and vouchers.
- Assist with will call and guest list management. Check identification, distribute tickets to the proper parties. Resolve issues as they arise and escalate concerns to management when necessary.
- Answer telephone inquiries related to show and ticket information. Provide guidance related to additional venue or event information, accessibility, ADA requests, etc.
- Accurately reconcile sales and will call receipts. Provide sales and ticketing information to the accounting and operations teams. Assist with show settlement as necessary.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience
- Must be available to work varied shifts which may include weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Must have experience cash handling and other payment methods such as credit cards
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience working in events and knowledge of the music industry preferred
- Previous experience working on a venue ticketing platform preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.