AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Elevate Tickets is a rapidly growing company that focuses on technical solutions for the music festival industry. We understand destination festivals, the culture and its needs. And with thousands of hours at nearly 200 of the biggest festivals across the country, we’ve pioneered advanced ticketing and RFID platforms that enhance the festival experience, empower fans and pave the way for a future of unforgettable events.
The Manager Merchant Risk Operations is responsible for managing merchant accounts for clients and supervise chargeback responses and fraud loss prevention. This role acts as the expert as it relates to payment processing in Card Present and Card Not Present environments. The Manager Merchant Risk Operations will manage full time employees and Festival University Students in the Merchant Risk Operations department. This will include: develop and maintain department curriculum, write department protocols, analyze data to reduce risk to the business, improve processes, and stay current with industry fraud trends to educate affected business units and clients. A key metric to indicate success for this role is a continued reduction in fraud rate (fraud chargebacks as percentage of total processing volume).
- Manage existing merchant accounts for clients while supervising chargeback responses and fraud loss prevention. Train and supervise the Fraud Risk Analyst on existing fraud and chargeback protocols, fraud tools, standard business protocols, client communication, etc. Ensure that all response deadlines for chargebacks are met for the acquiring banks and that everyone in the department has necessary access credentials to perform their job duties.
- Perform underwriting duties for external clients. Supervise chargeback and fraud review work for associated accounts. Assist Client Services and Business Development units by providing information regarding the program during the underwriting and onboarding process. Underwriting will include a review of the application, collecting required documentation to evaluate the credit status of the client’s business to support the risk on the event, and working with the existing merchant account vendor to smoothly establish new business. Create and maintain any program related documentation, processes, and protocols. This may also include an evaluation of the Client’s previous payment processing and chargeback history to determine any potential risk or areas of improvement to reduce risk while utilizing the ticketing services and Merchant Account Program.
- Determine new fraud mitigation and prevention tools for the department. Work with the Fraud Risk Analyst to analyze accuracy of existing tools to prevent fraud and review high level fraud data to determine impact on business. Streamline the fraud review process to ensure efficiency. Work with the Engineering and Product department to integrate new tools into the existing ticketing software to yield best results.
- Participate in PCI (Payment Card Industry) and internal company audits. This will include participating in the annual Quality Security Assessor audit as well as meeting with TAC auditors to answer any questions related to payment processing, chargebacks, and fraud protocols.
- Interview, hire, and train new members of the Merchant Risk Operations department.
- Oversee full time employees and Festival University Students in the department by providing guidance, answering questions, mentoring, conducting weekly department meetings, administering and recording performance and any necessary discipline. Evaluate employees on their role effectiveness and impact on the business.
- Collaborate with Finance to establish additional locations with their acquiring bank (Bank of America Merchant Services) for Gingerbread Shed events by creating merchant accounts, American Express accounts, associated payment gateways, and helping to manage gateway users and their permissions. Additionally, other cross-company projects may be involved.
- Manage projects for VP of Finance as needed, especially related to the implementation and enforcement of the company controls framework by performing reconciliation of merchant account statements and researching account discrepancies to assist the Finance department.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year). Area of study: Business, Accounting, Criminal Justice preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
- Experience handling chargebacks from acquirer or issuer
- Experience with consumer or merchant fraud transactions
- Experience leading teams
- Solid critical thinking and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to learn required business systems such as accounting software
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment in order to meet company goals
- Demonstrate situational awareness and professionalism with internal and external parties
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills, which includes presenting in front of small to large groups
- Ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge effectively
- Proactive approach to learning tasks and tackling projects
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues
- Experience in business, finance or accounting
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.