AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Elevate Tickets is a rapidly growing company that focuses on technical solutions for the music festival industry. We understand destination festivals, the culture and its needs. And with thousands of hours at nearly 200 of the biggest festivals across the country, we’ve pioneered advanced ticketing and RFID platforms that enhance the festival experience, empower fans and pave the way for a future of unforgettable events.
The Senior Software Engineering is a full stack developer who will create and deploy microservices, maintain and support existing products, lead feature development, and contribute to architectural discussions.
- Participate in discussions with leadership and Development Operations team and design the plan, look, function, and structure of serverless architectures and create design in the system leveraging AWS Lambda, API Gateway, and DynamoDB.
- Design the plan, look, function and structure of scalable and resilient yet simple software solutions that are capable of being extended as business needs grow and change. Create the design using various programming languages based on best practices, new technologies, and legacy systems.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the team by sharing best practices, technical training, guidance, and assist with problem solving complex issues.
- Deploy microservices written in Go in a CI/CD CodePipeline environment
- Create rich, intuitive interfaces using React
- Resourceful utilization of various programming languages, technology stacks, and frameworks on a regular basis to creatively problem solve issues and create additional features for legacy products. Research new technologies and languages to solve various problems and issues within the product.
- Collaborate with leadership, internal stakeholders, and the product team with accurate Feature competition timeline estimates to influence and prioritize the product roadmap
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- A minimum of 4-6 years of related work experience
- Fluent in RESTful API design best practices
- Eagerness to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Familiar with an Agile work environment
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of Microsoft SQL or MySQL
- Broad understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Extensive experience writing unit tests and integration tests
- Strong analytical, decision-making, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of development fundamentals such as security, performance, scalability, reliability
- Ability to provide constructive feedback during code reviews (e.g. design pattern guidance, readability, performance, etc)
- Results driven with reliable follow through
- Familiarity with the SOLID design principles, software design patterns, and clean code practices
- Expertise in a traditional object-oriented language such as Java, C#, or C++
- Experience leveraging cloud technologies, especially using a microservice architecture
- The ability to scope real world initiatives, architect iterative solutions, and resolve both long-standing and urgent production issues
- Practical experience with the limitations and tradeoffs of NoSQL data storage
- Experience working on a wide range of software systems and technologies, including small and large business environments
- Experience building and maintaining a CI/CD release pipeline
- Experience with Agile SCRUM, Scaled Agile Framework, and SDLC methodologies
- Experience building extensible plug-in type architectures
- Comfortable using Git version control
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.