AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Elevate Tickets is a rapidly growing company that focuses on technical solutions for the music festival industry. We understand destination festivals, the culture and its needs. And with thousands of hours at nearly 200 of the biggest festivals across the country, we’ve pioneered advanced ticketing and RFID platforms that enhance the festival experience, empower fans and pave the way for a future of unforgettable events.
The Development Operations Engineer is responsible for database administration, development, maintenance, and optimizing of database systems. The incumbent is also responsible for developing, maintaining and optimizing cloud systems.
- Maintain availability of database systems by reviewing logs, observing system performance, and using administration tools such as SQL server management studio. Look for certain types of entries or events and observe system metrics such as CPU and memory to prevent system outages.
- Work with software developers to design and implement database changes. Participate in ad hoc meetings to discuss solutions to problems and how to implement solutions. Answer questions from engineers about the best database to use for certain tasks. Discover problems and talk through the issue with the team. Verify changes were made and are implemented correctly.
- Plan, execute, and review large scale system load tests. Create and optimize j-meter test scripts, organize other systems and people to prepare for load test, review results, use various database scripts and queries to analyze and review performance. Analyze log files and database entries.
- Research cloud based solutions that will improve system efficiency or effectiveness. Do online research, meet with vendors, discuss with affected employees, R&D ideas or solutions with Engineering leadership, and work with internal stakeholders on solutions.
- Develop strategies, processes and best practices through research and direction from internal stakeholders on what needs to be done. Ensure processes run reliably and does not affect system uptime and availability.
- System administration tasks including logging into the system and performing a variety of tasks, such as: changing user permissions, updating system configurations, and tuning applications or processes.
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in Computer Science or Information Systems
- At least 10 years of experience
- Knowledge of databases, servers, systems, networking, web technologies and security.
- Microsoft SQL Server, Windows or Linux servers, IP Networking
- Communication skills
- Ability to work on a team
- Problem solving skills
- 1 year AWS dev-ops experience
- SQL Certification is preferred
- Server certification is preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.