AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
AEG Presents in-house Legal Counsel responsible for directing legal affairs including drafting key business agreements, providing legal support, advice and counsel for AEG Presents and all its subsidiaries and related entities. The responsibilities will include preparing, reviewing and negotiating a variety of legal documents, employment matters, and intellectual property protection and ensure compliance with all international, federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Counsel and advise employees and executives on business and legal issues related to production, promotion, marketing, and broadcasting of high profile concerts, music festivals, tours and special events.
- Draft and negotiate talent and production agreements, venue licenses, and sponsorship agreements as well as other course of business contracts associated with ticketed events.
- Oversee insurance claims, litigation, intellectual property rights and collection matters.
- Keep current on industry-wide legal trends and developments.
- Participate in special projects as requested.
- Undergraduate degree, Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA accredited law school required. California bar membership preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience practicing law; experience in music, intellectual property, privacy and/or IT law preferred.
- License to practice law and have the ability to practice law in California.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Concrete understanding of contract and corporate law, intellectual property and business transactional principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate effectively with a variety of contacts, including senior management, business associates, outside attorneys and paralegals.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and ability to learn required business systems.
- Must be able to work a flexible and dynamic work schedule that accommodates the needs and demands of the stakeholders in regards to project requests.
- High level of personal integrity and professional ethics.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business conditions.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.