AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Elevate Tickets is a rapidly growing company that focuses on technical solutions for the music festival industry. We understand destination festivals, the culture and its needs. And with thousands of hours at nearly 200 of the biggest festivals across the country, we’ve pioneered advanced ticketing and RFID platforms that enhance the festival experience, empower fans and pave the way for a future of unforgettable events. Elevate Tickets solutions bridge technology and reality for a seamless encounter with epic festivals.
The Director of IT Operations core function is to execute and manage activities relating to live event IT services (deployment, support, training), corporate IT support (desktops, networks, policies), and product / engineering IT support (“Dev Ops”). This role is responsible for the inventory, deployment, operation, and support all company ticketing and access control hardware – including scanners, printers, computers, MDM, RFID portals, and other devices. The role is also responsible for local office IT team and ensuring IT processes are in alignment with corporate best practices and policies. The role will also be responsible for our Dev Ops team ensuring we are following industry best practices and constantly improving our environments.
- Manage Field IT and IT support teams responsible for IT assets and related tasks, both in the office and at events, to ensure stable, consistent operations and ensure client deliverables are met. Manage Dev Ops team responsible for our production, staging, and development environments for all commercial products.
- Responsible for all TAC 45 and PCI security initiatives as they relate to the company. This includes regular updates with internal stakeholders
- Travel to event locations, install, implement, and maintain IT assets. Oversee and monitor the performance of systems at the event site, including applications, networks, and hardware.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Product, Client Services, Finance) and corporate IT department in planning, administration, and execution of projects, processes, issue resolution, and procedures.
- Recommend capital expenditure items needed each fiscal year and work closely with management on yearly budget.
- Build, develop, leverage external relationships with vendors, clients to ensure success of company objectives.
- Maintain and develop product and industry knowledge, including business requirements, company solutions, and operational best practices. Remain current on new and emerging live event technologies (RFID, mobile, Wifi, proximity, Data analytics).
- Develop, implement, evolve and maintain accurate inventory records regarding all IT assets. Provide reports and status updates when necessary. Forecast and plan for hardware needs throughout the year. Ensure compliance relating to PCI and other internal corporate security procedures.
- Develop, implement, evolve and maintain IT help desk processes, workflows, training, run books, escalation, and trouble shooting.
- Develop, implement, evolve and maintain Dev Ops processes, workflows, escalation, logging, security, and trouble shooting.
- A minimum education of BA/BS Degree (4-year) in a related field (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 7 years of related work experience.
- Preferred experience working as a computer technician with customer hardware builds, including mechanical and electrical engineering skillsets. RFID experience an additional plus.
- Experience implementing and maintaining asset management tracking solutions.
- High level of knowledge of all Windows versions and all MAC OS versions with experience in a technical position with primary responsibilities supporting users in a Microsoft environment, including MS Office Suite, Windows XP Professional/Windows 7 and Windows 2003/2008 server
- Experience working in a technical position in a facility with standard network and server protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Working knowledge of traditional and tablet based POS systems in a PCI compliant environment
- Strong understanding of cabling standards to facilitate circuit or network extensions as needed
- High focused support of TCP/IP protocols, DNS and DHCP
- Previous live event IT support and/or venue IT support with the ability to understand event production requirements and translate them into technology requirements
- Familiarity with multicasting VOIP, QoS, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n and others
- Strong trouble shooting and problem resolution skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed and able to work independently.
- Ability to travel and work weekends in a strenuous work environment.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.