AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Manager Environmental Sustainability Programs and Initiatives is responsible for the implementation, management, and continual improvement of all AEG 1EARTH, AEG’s industry-leading environmental sustainability program, as well as other environmental sustainability programs and initiatives. This manager will provide support to and consult with AEG corporate entities and their staff regarding environmental sustainability matters and will ensure that AEG corporate entities and staff are aware of and complying with, to the greatest extent possible, AEG’s environmental programs, initiatives, and policies; and that environmental sustainability best practices and innovations are communicated throughout the AEG organization and to AEG’s stakeholders. This position is responsible for documenting AEG’s environmental policies, procedures, and successes and distributing this content to internal and external audiences using the appropriate channels.
- Manage AEG’s environmental sustainability program AEG 1Earth, including AEG’s database of environmental performance data, AEG Ecometrics.
- Research, analyze, and develop implementation strategies for reducing the environmental impact of business operations for AEG corporate entities.
- Serve as point of contact regarding the AEG 1EARTH program and other AEG environmental sustainability programs and initiatives and ensure program progress towards AEG’s corporate environmental goals.
- Create, document, and record environmental sustainability-related content such as AEG Environmental Sustainability Reports, AEG 1Earth Quarterly Newsletter, training/educational materials, AEG and industry best practices, AEG policies and procedures, AEG success stories, and other ad-hoc sustainability-related content upon request. Distribute content to
internal and external audiences using appropriate channels like internal and external web and social media content.
- Collaborate and consult with internal partners by providing prompt and excellent customer service to on environmental sustainability-related projects identified by management. Serve as AEG’s subject matter expert on environmental sustainability matters, such as industry trends, technological developments, as well as legal, regulatory, and political developments in order.
- Identify opportunities for AEG to further minimize the environmental impact of its business operations and to further its position as a leader in environmental sustainability by monitoring the activities of corporate partners, government agencies, industry associations, and non-governmental entities/non-profits.
- Support and Collaborate with Energy and Environment Colleagues on Energy- and Environmental Sustainability-Related Projects, Initiatives, and Events, such as supporting the Analyst, Energy and Environment, with recording, analyzing, and reporting environmental data (Ecometrics) using the data management and analysis tool (Resource Advisor) Support ad-hoc projects or events involving the Energy and Environment team and manage interns and event volunteers as needed.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, Environmental Studies, Earth Science, any of the Natural Sciences, Communications, Organizational Development, Sustainable Development, Urban Planning, Engineering, Business, or a related area
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience, some of which must include managing an environmental sustainability program; collecting, verifying, and aggregating organization-wide environmental sustainability metrics; and producing an environmental sustainability report for an organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical skills, including using vendor software programs and Excel to work with large data sets and perform sophisticated quantitative analyses
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to juggle many tasks and to redirect efforts under short notice
- Must demonstrate the ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, direct reports, business partners, peer, project personnel, members of the public, and all levels of management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Excellent communication skills: interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation, and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated business acumen and focus on delivering business value through innovative implementation of sustainability concepts
- Requires a high level of ethics and personal integrity; must be able to work with confidential information
- Energy- or sustainability-related training and certification, like LEED, BREEAM, WELL, ISO, etc.
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field, such as MBA
- Prior experience in the entertainment and/or sports industries
- Understanding or experience with one or more of the following: waste reduction/diversion, recycling, sustainable purchasing, life cycle assessments, supply chain evaluation, water conservation, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and/or similar environmental sustainability-related topics
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.