AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Oracle Arena and Oakland/Alameda County Coliseum are AEG Facilities-managed venues and Northern California's premiere sports and entertainment venues home to the Oakland Athletics (MLB), Oakland Raiders (NFL) and Golden State Warriors (NBA). Additionally, we host the top entertainers, family shows and special events at our venues.
The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for the transmission of payroll transactions to Cast and Crew (a 3rd party service provider) and AEG Corporate office to ensure that all payroll and related payments (i.e. union fringe, union dues, etc.) are handled properly. The Payroll Coordinator will also support union special projects and participate in accounting functions that arise.
- Responsible for the bi-weekly transmission of payroll to Cast and Crew and AEG Corporate as well as verification of edit reports to ensure employee payroll checks are accurate and complete.
- Perform other payroll and accounting functions/needs as they arise.
- Perform accounting functions as necessary (i.e. input of budgets into the general ledger and Event Analysis spreadsheet, develop event flash reports, prepare and input journal entries, research accounting issues, develop accounting ad hoc reports and analysis, etc.).
- Process requests for paycheck adjustments, retro amounts and final checks, as necessary.
- Perform other payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state and federal tax law.
- Maintain the payrate structure (includes the attachment of union dues deductions) within the ABI timekeeping system.
- Prepare the monthly SEIU pension payment/submittal report.
- Perform ad hoc payroll audits to ensure the accuracy of the payroll process and its compliance with union agreements.
- Support special requests by the various unions (i.e. special audits, generating special reports, etc.).
- Support the year end audit function by helping to develop and deliver audit support to the external audit team.
- Perform bag check functions on event days.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years’ related experience (payroll processing and/or accounting support)
- Advanced PC skills in Internet Explorer, Outlook, MS Office Excel, Word.
- Strong ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment and ability to multi-task daily
- Strong attention to detail and high accuracy rate
- Ability to work with limited supervision while preserving the strict confidentiality of all data
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- Experience adhering to union collective bargaining units as they relate to payroll processing
- Some background in Accounting
- Knowledge of Ultipro and ABI Mastermind or similar HR and Time Keeping systems
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.