AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Box Office Manager position will manage the daily operations of the box office. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in ticketing, staff management, and customer service. Position is responsible for all setup, maintenance, and management of all ticketing events for NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. This detailed oriented position requires excellent organizational skills, professional interaction with management personnel, vendors, clients of all levels. Must have an ability to work efficiently, accurately, effectively under pressure, and the ability to complete and prioritize tasks in a timely manner
- Responsible for hiring, training, and managing of box office staff.
- Oversee and support ticket agents in their job functions as needed.
- Create, maintain, and modify ticketed events in Ticketmaster ticketing system.
- Generates & distributes the daily ticket count report for all shows.
- Works with Director to create event pricing, scaling, manifest creation and sales forecasts.
- Maintain event ticket inventory and placement of all ticket holds.
- Responsible for all accounting and reporting of revenue for all ticket sales.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial ticket reports.
- Maintain annual event schedule, ticket sales, drop counts, and total revenue reports.
- Prepares and presents final box office settlement report for each event.
- Responsible for box office safe and all monies inside.
- Responsible for compliance to all company policies and procedures in order to adhere to all audit programs.
- Maintains all event show files.
- Prepare reports for archival purposes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year). Area of Study: Sports Management, Accounting, or related field
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working in a box office supervisory position.
- Must have previous box office management experience
- Must be proficient with computers and the MS Office program (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work under pressure, handle large sums of money utilizing prescribed cash management controls and day-to-day tasks concurrently
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with promoters, the public and fellow staff members,
- Must be able to work both weekdays and weekends (day and evening) in addition to regular business hours as the event calendar requires
- Must have knowledge and experience with TicketMaster ticketing system
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary
- The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts, and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required.
- Must have the ability to stand, sit, crouch, and bend throughout the course of daily activities.
- Ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to read, write, and understand English in a working environment.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of the facility.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.