Kemper Arena Kansas City, Missouri
- Kemper Arena, part of the American Royal Complex in Kansas City, Missouri, has provided family entertainment and memories for millions of guests for over thirty years. More than 600,000 square feet make up the magnificent complex that includes Kemper Arena and the American Royal Center.
- Since opening in 1974, the 18,000-seat Kemper Arena has hosted world renowned tours, concerts, special events and family shows. Kemper Arena attracts the world's best artists and family entertainment including Disney On Ice, Sesame Street Live, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, Monster Jam, The Harlem Globetrotters and much more. Kemper Arena has a rich history of sports memories having hosted NCAA Regionals in 1983, 1986, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, and 2004, the NAIA Tournament from 1975 - 1993, the Big 8 Basketball Championship from 1979 to 1996, The Big 12 Basketball Championship from 1997 to 2002 and 2005, the 1988 Men's Final Four and the 1998 Women's Final Four.
- The American Royal Center, located next to Kemper Arena, was completed in 1992. This impressive structure consists of Hale Arena (5,000 seat arena with 29,400 sq. ft. of floor space); the Governors' Exposition Building (96,000 sq. ft. exhibit space); Lower and Upper Level Exposition Halls (each with 86,000 exhibit space); and Wagstaff Theatre (500 seat capacity theatre). The multi-purpose facility hosts a variety of heavy equipment trade shows, industrial exhibit shows, basketball games, tennis matches, and livestock shows.
- The American Royal, one of Kansas City's premier fall events, annually hosts one of the Midwest's largest livestock exhibitions and rodeos, is home of the National Championship horse competition. The American Royal celebrates our region's rich agricultural heritage through competition, education, and entertainment. Annually in October and November, more than 250,000 people attend the American Royal. The American Royal Barbecue is the opening event and the season finale for the competitive circuit. Spreading over 20 acres around the American Royal Center, the Royal is the largest barbecue contest in the world with almost 400 teams competing in four culinary contests.
- Two home team locker rooms; two visiting team locker rooms; two auxiliary production office facilities.
- Multi event capability - Hockey, Basketball, Indoor Soccer, Arena Football, Concerts, Dirt Shows and Family shows.
- One production load in tunnel
- One freight elevator
- Four novelty stands on Upper Concourse
- 10 Box Office windows - Located at Gate 3
- Fan assist and first aid located on the Upper Concourse at Gate 3
- Three public elevators, one freight elevator and 2 public escalators
- 10 Concessions on the Main Concourse
- Family restrooms on the Main concourse
- 10 Men's and women's restrooms on main and upper concourse
Please visit kemperarenakc.com for more information.